New blue tongue skink owner **WITH PICS/ VIDEO**

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 am

Great little guy!
Cay T.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Edward wrote::btsnet:

I'm a die-hard bark man. :tough:




Woof woof. :hubba:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 am

:blush:
Oh, hush, you big lug.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
rioepdc
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am
Country:

Postby rioepdc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey guys im back with an update on zeus. Sorry its been so long but zeus has grown rapidly. I still can't believe he's the same skink I received in a cup as a baby in february this year.

Anyways I have recent change in pets I no longer have my turtles or my huge snapping turtle :(.....

But I do have a baby male egyptian uromastyx now! :ohyes: and his name is King Tut nickname ( Tut Tut). After setting up a new tank for king Tut I noticed zeus getting jealous of things the things that Tut was able to climb while zeus had more of a boring cage so I made a big change for him with his tank and I can definitely see a good change in his actions/energy. I have a few updated pics of him and his tank and a pic of king tuts tank.

AGAIN SORRY MY PHONE UPLOADS HUGE PICS

Image
Image
Image
Image
Ride Like the wind Bullseye! (no thats not my phone)
Image
Image
Image
Image

King Tut!!!
Image
Image
rioepdc
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am
Country:

Postby rioepdc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 pm

The new tank setup for zeus allows him to have more room/seclude area. Also he loves to look out the window and grab small bit of heat from the lamp and sometimes a breeze. I will add either a bridge or hammock in the future or something in regards to climbing
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:39 pm

I highly recommend you get the tank away from the window. Glass tanks with access to sunlight/heat act as a magnifying glass and heat up very quickly. You may come home to a cooked skink!
Brad
rioepdc
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 am
Country:

Postby rioepdc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:45 pm

My curtain is closed most the time and is opened for him around 7pm along with the sun barely hitting that side of the house. 8)

The bricks actually turned out perfect even though I felt like a caveman with a chizel to make the perfect shape
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Rio, glad to see you back! We have a rule about reviving threads more than a couple months old though. If you want to refer to an old thread, start a brand new one and include the link to the old thread. Thanks!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 320 guests