Caterpillar infestation

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
EmeraldLDR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Caterpillar infestation

Postby EmeraldLDR » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 am

Hi, I've an Indonesian blue tongue called big smoke, he's 9 months and I've noticed bugs in his enclosure tiny white specs in his water which I believe are spring tails, small black/brown fast moving beetles and gypsy/spongy moth caterpillars. Now, to my knowledge none of theses bugs are harmful to him or bothering him, he's a good appetite and full of energy, but the caterpillars are in the HUNDREDS, they've started migrating out of the enclosure and containing them is exhausting. Does anyone have any advice that could help me get rid of these caterpillars without harming my little guy? :noknow:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”