White crusty powder on scales

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Laurennloveexd
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

White crusty powder on scales

Postby Laurennloveexd » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:02 am

I have attached photos however,
I do not know if this is normal or not but I decided to bath him yesterday and while outside it came back. It first looked like powder but I think it's more crusty white/yellow on him.

Any ideas what that might be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noodlebasket
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: White crusty powder on scales

Postby Noodlebasket » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 am

I am not confident but I would guess either dust from your substrate or possibly hard water build up? Can you provide some more info on your husbandry? That might help us guess at what is happening. I do agree that a bath seems like a good place to start.
Irian Jaya - Blep
Enclosure - 1/2" PVC 36"x18"x18" with 3" dam
Substrate - 40% Coconut Fiber Plantation Soil 40% Cyprus Mulch 20% Sphagnum Moss
Heating - Arcadia Deep Heat Projector 75W
Lighting - Halogen 5.0 UVB100
pongpaeng
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: White crusty powder on scales

Postby pongpaeng » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:28 am

Have you try bath your skink and see the result? probably dust from substrate

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”