Racks vs. Enclosures
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- dsteamn
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 654
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:48 pm
- Country:
- Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Racks vs. Enclosures
This is a question for people with multiple skinks. I currently have 12 Northerns but will be increasing my collection to about 20 after breeding season this year. I currently have everyone in 75 gallon aquariums but am quickly running out of real estate. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on racks vs. stackable enclosures, where you bought your set ups from, and any information you can provide me with regarding heating, lighting, and viewable vs. non-viewable animals. Thanks.
- JoshChimera
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1099
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
- Country:
- Location: the Bay Area CA USA
Re: Racks vs. Enclosures
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27988 same topic?
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
- dsteamn
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 654
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:48 pm
- Country:
- Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Re: Racks vs. Enclosures
Not really. I'm more interested in breeders thoughts on the pros and cons of one vs. the other and different places people have used in purchasing set ups. I've been hearing about melamine enclosures but don't know where to get them.
In using a rack system, I'm not sure if it's possible to get visible tubs or what dimensions are available. I also don't know how light fixtures are placed in them if that's even possible.
Perhaps it's a bit along the same line, but I'm really trying to find out the benefits and obstacles of having one over the other, reputable places to purchase stackable enclosures, and what different types there are available.
In using a rack system, I'm not sure if it's possible to get visible tubs or what dimensions are available. I also don't know how light fixtures are placed in them if that's even possible.
Perhaps it's a bit along the same line, but I'm really trying to find out the benefits and obstacles of having one over the other, reputable places to purchase stackable enclosures, and what different types there are available.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 217 guests
