Introduction

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
MinusF117
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 pm
Country:
Location: MA- U.S.

Introduction

Postby MinusF117 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi everyone! I am new to Blue Tongue Skinks but I've loved Herps since a very young age. I had a Leopard Gecko for 19 years who passed away recently. A few years ago I settled on a Blue Tongue skink for my next reptile. I bided my time for a few months after the Gecko's passing with some Fire Bellied Toads, and a snapping turtle, but alas it was time. I got him from a Petco, which wasn't really what I wanted to do but it was kind of love at first sight. He/she is I believe, a Halmahera Blue Tongue. I love the black legs and generally dark coloring. His tongue is not as blue as others and fades to pink which led me to believe he was a more Indonesian variety but the scaling and tail is more Merauke.

I absolutely love it. Leopard Geckos are cool and fun, but not nearly as interactive or even docile as these guys. :thumbs:

Has a little sweet potato on its face but still cute.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
Country: USA
Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY

Re: Introduction

Postby splashy07 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 am

Congratulations on your new baby! I've got a pair of Halys and they are my favorite too. A bit more shy than the others, but are so worth it just for their gorgeous coloration. Mine hide most of the time, but are absolute sweethearts when they are out and will eat while I hold them. Not as inquisitive or as social as my Northern, but the Indonesian species in general are my personal favorites. Best of luck with that little sweetie!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 192 guests