Repashy Diet

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BTS_Owner
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 pm
Country:
Location: The Valley, California, US

Repashy Diet

Postby BTS_Owner » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 pm

I have a large amount of Repashy powdered gecko food and no geckoes. I was wondering how well it would work as BTS food. I remember reading that someone fed it to their skinks occasionally, but what about as a staple? I fed Olivia a batch of 50/50 ground turkey and the Repashy. I'm hoping that it could replace the greens I normally feed, but I figure it will only replace treats. Any help appreciated, thanks.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby Coomassie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 am

I would not feed as a staple. It is formulated for fruit/insect eating geckos, not skinks. I've let Coomassie lick up some extra when I fed my cresties but only a few times. I would try to sell/trade it to someone who has geckos (or get some geckos).
Cay T.
BTS_Owner
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 pm
Country:
Location: The Valley, California, US

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby BTS_Owner » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Makes sense. Oh well, I won't have to worry about treats for a long time.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby Susann » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 am

I sprinkle it on top of my skinks meals from time to time, as an added fruit/vitamin source. I don't think there's anything in it that is bad for a skink, just as Coomassie says, I would not think of it as replacing any part of their staple meals, more like a healthy additive or "treat".
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 am

is this the same thing allen repashy is feeding his egernia skinks on youtube with?
hurricanejen
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am
Country: USA
Location: San_Diego
Contact:

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby hurricanejen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Richard.C wrote:is this the same thing allen repashy is feeding his egernia skinks on youtube with?


No, he's probably using one of his new blends, he's got some gel stuff that's formulated either for omnivores or for primarily meat eaters. I actually use the omnivore diet as my lazy food if I haven't been able to mix up fresh turkey etc at home - they don't need a lot of it and they eat it pretty readily.

I use the extra repashy from my cresties as a part of the mix for my skinks, but since it's primarily fruit based it's too sugary to really give them too often. If you want an easy mix to keep on hand for when you're feeling lazy or are out of fresh veggies and no time to go to the store, Zilla makes a couple freeze dried mixes that are okay. They're limited in variety but they are better than nothing. I've used all 3 of the freeze dried things in my skink mixes before, they do seem to prefer fresh food but in a pinch it'll do.
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/canned-food-and-diets/lizard-monitor-and-gecko-dry-and-canned-foods/-/zilla-reptile-munchies-vegetable-4oz/
I used to be cool.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:16 pm

thanks jen,yes had another look,was a trial one for omnivours
BTS_Owner
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 pm
Country:
Location: The Valley, California, US

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby BTS_Owner » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 pm

I had a look on the Repashy website, that omnivore gel looks pretty nice.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby Coomassie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:34 am

I've never gotten anything bad from Repashy. I use their CGD for my cresties and goldens and their fish food for my tetras. I also use their calcium plus/calcium for my lizards and their gutload and bugburger for my roach colony. At this point, I trust them 100%. They make good stuff.
Cay T.
hurricanejen
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am
Country: USA
Location: San_Diego
Contact:

Re: Repashy Diet

Postby hurricanejen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:11 am

He puts a LOT of research into the diets. Kind of a nightmare to stock, as he's changing them so much, but it's really not a bad thing for the reptiles eating it. Everything loves the gel diets, too - my coworker's pacman will eat the carnivore gel off tweezers, and we've even convinced a few beardies to try the omnivore diet too.
I used to be cool.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 222 guests