Fresh blueberries and cherries

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Logancrook » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:43 am

Went to a farm today and picked fresh blueberries for my skink. I also picked cherries to make jam out of with my grandmother. I picked 3 buckets of cherries. Only a little thing of blueberries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Logancrook » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

If Kaji is lucky she may get some cherries too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Coomassie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:43 am

Carefully with the cherries. I had some that were starting to go bad so I fed a bunch to Coomassie (and Herbert my leopard tort) and he ate the cherry, pit and all. It was down the hatch before I even knew what happened.
Cay T.
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Logancrook » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks for the warning
User avatar
Toria Dawn
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Toria Dawn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Royal loves blueberries. I eat half of one and finger feed him the other half and he just goes nuts looking for more!
0.0.1 Irian Jaya - Royal Hendrix Mudson
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos - Bagel & Donut
0.0.2 Bearded Dragons - Jabba & Han
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Logancrook » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:42 pm

All the left over cherries are being made into wine. All the blueberries are hers though and she loves them!
hurricanejen
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am
Country: USA
Location: San_Diego
Contact:

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby hurricanejen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 pm

How funny, mine never like blueberries but they go nuts for raspberries and strawberries. Definite preference for red.
I used to be cool.
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Coomassie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:34 pm

hurricanejen wrote:How funny, mine never like blueberries but they go nuts for raspberries and strawberries. Definite preference for red.


I don't know if you have this problem but Coomassie goes after red nail polish because he thinks it is yummy fruit. Also, can I just say for some reason I find it most excellent to feed a blue tongued lizard blue food (ie blueberries). I have no idea why.
Cay T.
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Fresh blueberries and cherries

Postby Logancrook » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm

I've never tried strawberries but she likes raspberries, she jut doesn't think of it as a treat. She always gulps down blueberries but the raspberries she would reject from time to time. I now just mix the raspberries into her food.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 150 guests