Licking everywhere
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- DrakeLineous12
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm
- Country:
- Location: Washington, DC
Licking everywhere
I assume its normal for a bluey to lick everywhere? He does it whenever I let him out to roam, and occasionally he'll try to eat the carpeting but then fail and just slither away. Is this safe or should I try to stop it?
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Licking everywhere
Yes, it's totally normal. Like a snake, they taste with their tongues.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: Licking everywhere
just make sure he wont swallow anything.
so, clean your room with care. anything in head size might be eaten just for fun.
so, clean your room with care. anything in head size might be eaten just for fun.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: Licking everywhere
I remember taiking my IJ outside on a summer-day.. when she was slithering through, she came up upon a bright blue pepple (..like the ones in fish tanks), and she almost ATE it. Thank god, I seen it in time.. 
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- DrakeLineous12
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm
- Country:
- Location: Washington, DC
Re: Licking everywhere
Cool, I just vacuumed the entire place lol
- kenn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 400
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 am
- Country:
- Location: Belgium
Re: Licking everywhere
DrakeLineous12 wrote:Cool, I just vacuumed the entire place lol
Hehe, a new way of mothers who have trouble cleaning
"Son, you get a blue...but ya need to clean your room from now on!"
Greetings
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
- DrakeLineous12
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm
- Country:
- Location: Washington, DC
Re: Licking everywhere
kenn wrote:DrakeLineous12 wrote:Cool, I just vacuumed the entire place lol
Hehe, a new way of mothers who have trouble cleaning
"Son, you get a blue...but ya need to clean your room from now on!"
lol exactly! But only til I finish the schooling, then I'm off
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 327 guests
