Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Kcjames
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Virginia
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
Looks like an IJ to me.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- donkeybuff
- Coffee Connoisseur

- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: California
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
Yes, IJ.
"Small adoption fee" my butt; that's retail price.
"Small adoption fee" my butt; that's retail price.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
I hate craigslist...esp. for reptiles. Same or more than retail prices X_X Not really looking for a good home, just $$
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Chasen
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 am
- Country:
- Location: Provincetown, Mass
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
$220 is a lot. While I can't speak for the seller's motivation for that fee, I can say that when I was placing my neo Rosies I went close to the market value in order to discourage resellers. I wanted the babies to go to permanent homes screened by myself and not be subjected to poor husbandry practices by retailers or uneducated/uncaring collectors.
-
Kcjames
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Virginia
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
CL is a great place for flippers, high prices can discourage resale but also work against the animal.
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
I chose to rehome my crested geckos because they were just not the right fit for me, but I didnt put them anywhere near "market price" because I wasnt trying to sell them or "get my money back" on them. What I DID do was grill the bejeezus out of the new owners, and set up trick questions to see if they were seriously not flippers/going to breed them (one had the floppy tail issue and the other was a rescue from my ex-roomate who bought it at petco X_X). I did everything I could think of, but I didnt feel it appropriate to try and "sell" them, which is what I see it as when I see near to, at, or above retail price. Just IMO though. If I had wanted to do that I probably would have gone to kingsnake or other forum with classifieds.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
If I were to sell my skinks (..which I will not), I would put them a little bit pricey, to make sure nobody thinks they are getting them easy, too make sure they can afford cage, diet, ect.. but in this case, I think they just want money.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
um isnt selling something giving the end result of making money
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
How is that a,"small adoption fee"?!?!?! That's almost twice as much as they normally cost!
And if you sell the for less, they buyer could used the saved money for husbandry.
And if you sell the for less, they buyer could used the saved money for husbandry.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: Nor sure what kind this is...Hampton Roads VA
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:How is that a,"small adoption fee"?!?!?! That's almost twice as much as they normally cost!
And if you sell the for less, they buyer could used the saved money for husbandry.
True.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 154 guests
