Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to update you all on Sly and his nose rubbing problem. Today he had his first shed (since I have had him) and his nose looks fantastic! He has not rubbed his nose in a while which is a huge relief. There is still a little spot right on the tip but it is nothing compared to what we were first dealing with. I have posted some before and after pictures and I will take some nice pictures with my nice camera when he has completed his shed(and when I finish my huge paper which I am procrastinating but was too excited about this to not share).
Just want to thank you all for the support, information and advice! You all rock my socks! (Please forgive me for my lameness as I have been writing this paper for two days lol - sanity is limited but skink love is not)
Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
ReptileChick
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:08 am
- Country:
- Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
-
Bluish
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 am
- Country:
- Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
Another shed or two and he'll be good as new. 
Dom
2.6 Meraukes
2.6 Meraukes
-
ReptileChick
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:08 am
- Country:
- Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Re: Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
So Sly wants to meet a pretty BTS female
Unfortunately this means the nose rubbing problem, which was pretty close to being done with, is back. So discouraging! He shed the week before last and his nose was still a little red but was really looking good. I'm not overly concerned because it is still 10x better than when I first got him but I just want it to be DONE! Otherwise HOLY COW can that skink eat! I was concerned for a while that he was really picky but now he pretty much eats anything I put in front of him. I had to stop feeding him because I think I was over feeding first because I was so use to him not eating and was scared he was going to stop. He's a pretty big boy so now that I know his appetite is there I've got him on a feeding schedule
Thanks to every one for the encouragement and advice! I absolutely love this forum!
Here are some pictures of the nose and of him in general because lets face it... we all LOVE BTS pics!
Here are some pictures of the nose and of him in general because lets face it... we all LOVE BTS pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Kcjames
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Virginia
Re: Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
Aw sweet! You're great for helping! Good job 
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
Hes a pretty merauke! Mine does alot of nose rubbing when she wants attention. It often leaves a little redness but nothing like that! He must be very agitated 
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Update on Sly's Nose Rubbing Problem
Oh my god, that is some drastic nose rubbing, I've never seen injuries that extensive from nose rubbing! What kind of tank do you have him in? I'd recommend taking EVERYTHING that he could rub on OUT of the tank, especially now that he's kicked back up with it. Also, if you havent already, cover the sides of the tank with something he can't see through. This has helped a lot with a few of mine who were doing that. I had a few that did it fairly often, but they didnt do anything more serious than make their nose a bit flushed looking.
I'd also make sure that the wound is kept clean, as you definitely dont want infections to happen.
Hes such a pretty boy, I hope you can find a way to keep him from doing more damage to himself! Keep up the good work!
I'd also make sure that the wound is kept clean, as you definitely dont want infections to happen.
Hes such a pretty boy, I hope you can find a way to keep him from doing more damage to himself! Keep up the good work!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 188 guests
