He shed today. Now I get it.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Kcjames
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm
Country:
Location: Virginia

He shed today. Now I get it.

Postby Kcjames » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Their shed is so different than I expected. Much more like a fish than a snake. I found a few circular pieces and watched him make his way over and under everything, rubbing all along the way.
Image

Image

Image

Image

I can feel a difference. I had to watch him and hold him to get it. He seemed to enjoy himself.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: He shed today. Now I get it.

Postby Spindown » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Lol I have some pics of one of my northerns in mid-shed, he looks hilarious. I'd imagine it feels good to get all that old skin off, plus they are super pretty and shiny and new looking afterwards :D
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 274 guests