Dog or cat food

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
UroFreak13
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Country:
Location: Montreal,Canada

Dog or cat food

Postby UroFreak13 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Anyone know a realiable brand of wet dog or cat food safe for bts
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Dog or cat food

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Not sure what is available in Canada, but I use Wellness, Blue Buffalo, and Merricks (mostly dogfood) regularly. When they were babies I fed those brands of cat food about 50% of the time. Mine have grown well and appear to be very healthy.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Dog or cat food

Postby Jeff » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Pretty much any brand is safe. Some times the cheaper "crap" is better than the expensive stuff. I would recommend dog food over cat food though. Just a personal preference.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Dog or cat food

Postby Spindown » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm

I use dog food, and I just feed Canned pedigree (without gravy, I got that by accident once and my skinks were grossed out lol). I would NEVER feed this to a dog, but the lizards need more of the veggies and other "bits".
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
UroFreak13
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Country:
Location: Montreal,Canada

Re: Dog or cat food

Postby UroFreak13 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

Cool thanks ima start feeding him that when hes done shedding

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 331 guests