I'm a new BTS owner, very new.
I work at a reptile facility and we had some come in and they stole my heart! The one I bought was the smallest, roughly 4"-5" in length. Not sure if they're WC or captive. My boss seems to think they are captive, being as small as they are. All that came on the shipment invoice for them was "Blue Tongue Skink."
Is there any way to tell what kind of BTS I have?
Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Hemi101113
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
-
Hemi101113
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, USA
Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
It's not the best picture, I will try and take better ones.


- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
^ I'd agree.
Welcome to the addiction!
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
I"d also say Irian Jaya based on this picture. Hes cute! Beware....they grow FAST and are addicting
I just added my 5th to our "collection"
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
-
Hemi101113
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, USA
Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
Thank you guys!
Sapphire, you're so right! We got them in on the thin side, and have bulked them up to good weight. Both my boss and I have noticed our babies have grown a bit since we first got them in a few weeks ago. You're also right about them being addicting. I look forward to getting new shipments in. I've already got dibs on another tiny baby from the last shipment. They're like potato chips, you can't have just one.
Sapphire, you're so right! We got them in on the thin side, and have bulked them up to good weight. Both my boss and I have noticed our babies have grown a bit since we first got them in a few weeks ago. You're also right about them being addicting. I look forward to getting new shipments in. I've already got dibs on another tiny baby from the last shipment. They're like potato chips, you can't have just one.
- kenn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 400
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 am
- Country:
- Location: Belgium
Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?
Hemi101113 wrote:They're like potato chips, you can't have just one.
Once they blue, you can't stop?

Or better:
Once you go blue, you never go back...

Greetings
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 279 guests
