Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby justyna.ewa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi guys,
This might be me being a hypochondriac again, but I just wanted to know if this has ever happened to anyone before... My bluey was on my shoulder today and when I bent to pick something up, he might have been turned slightly face-down, because clear, odorless liquid just poured out of his mouth. I'm not sure if he 'regurgitated' it per se, or if it just...poured out...? I really don't know. There was quite a bit, I was really surprised (and mortified). It almost seemed like water since it didn't seem to have been digested, but I don't understand how that could be possible... Should I be worried? :s
Last edited by justyna.ewa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: Blue regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby justyna.ewa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm

He seemed totally unfazed by it, as reptiles often do, and ate pretty much everything I offered him a few minutes later. I hope I can take this as a good sign...
User avatar
Vegasarah
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm
Country:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby Vegasarah » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:17 pm

I've had this happen before a few minutes after my sink drank some water. It was probably just that, the water had not moved further into the digestive tract so it came back up more easily. I would wait till the more experienced keepers weigh in, though. :)
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby justyna.ewa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Okay. I thought that might be it, but I will see what others have to say. Thank you. :)
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby El Lobo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm

The probability is it was recently swallowed water. However, it is an unsafe practice to carry a BTS around on your shoulder. They have very little grip with their feet and the slightest movement from level can cause them to lose that grip and fall to the ground, resulting in potentially serious injury.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
User avatar
justyna.ewa
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby justyna.ewa » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 am

I was also holding him to make sure he didn't fall, but I feel better about the water thing. Thanks.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Postby Katrina » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah, if they just drank and get startled or handled they can spit up the water. It happens. :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 200 guests