Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts. If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that. This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Hello all, a few weeks ago I was looking to purchase a Northern Blue tongue baby, and thanks to the assistance of Brad I was pointed in the direction of a breeder who had a few three month olds for sale. After waiting for our Colorado cold spell to pass, I became more and more excited. Now as of today I have my very own little Bluey, by the name of Aeon. Was a bit shaken up from the trip and was pretty hissy/feisty. But calmed down within 30 minutes. One very interesting aspect is that behind the eyes there are flares which seem only present in other species other than Northerns or from what I've heard. Possible male, but I'll leave that up to you pros to decide.
Congratulations on the new skink! It is not too unusual for northerns to have light eye-bands when they are young. Most don't, but some do. They will most likely fade as your skink ages, and could be completely gone in a couple years. My guess is that it is a locale related trait.
Did you happen to get your skink from Galas? I just received a 4 month old (though listed as a 3 month old) from her yesterday... and they look so similar I thought maybe it was possible you got the third one! (They both have those faded eye streaks...)
My Northern has some temporal banding as well, the older he gets the darker it gets! Our skinks could be twins, seriously. Their patterns are verrrry similar! So very pretty, I love it
my Ajax uses his log shelter to play in... it's got some little holes in it he can just fit through. Not as a shelter though. He just burrows tunnels all around in his substrate. Go figure, huh... =P
yeah this log is a bit too big for little Aeon. And i may have done a a nono, because i gave him a day to acclimate and now he scratches at the glass anytime he wants to be held. It's amazing how different his temperament is in less than a week. Hes been sitting happily on my lap since i started reading and posting this session. He seems quite interested in the laptop.