Allie and Gator
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
mckelish
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: GA USA
Allie and Gator
This is Allie and Gator my new blue tongue skinks. They are a male/female "proven pair sexed". I'm not quite sure what she meant by that lol I would assume they were sexed by someone since it seems bts seem to be hard to sex. It doesn't really matter, I was only interested in having them as pets, but now that they are male and female I might breed them. I haven't quite decided and right now just enjoying them as my fun inquisitive pets. In my endless search of knowledge of bts I came across the page with different "types" (not sure types is the right word) of bts. To me Allie and Gator look very different from each other. I was told they are both Indonesian. Allie is very peachy looking and is way bigger than Gator in every way it seems. Allie looks to me like she would be The Merauke, and Gator seems like a typical Indianian. I was curious what everyone thought of them and if it would cause any issues if I did decide to breed them later down the line. The first three are of Allie, the female, and the second is of Gator, the male. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Allie and Gator
They are both Meraukes.
I wouldn't want them to be bred together because they have such different patterns.
Allie is very clean, light, and plain. While Gator is dark and has many speckles on him.
Beautiful skinks!!!
I wouldn't want them to be bred together because they have such different patterns.
Allie is very clean, light, and plain. While Gator is dark and has many speckles on him.
Beautiful skinks!!!
-
mckelish
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: GA USA
Re: Allie and Gator
Thank you!
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Allie and Gator
Lovely skinks. Just in case they didn't tell you where you bought them, they shouldn't be kept together, even as a proven pair. Adult blue tongues and even the babies, are territorial and even as a "couple" can really do damage in a fight.
There is a good care sheet on the site, which will help you with a lot of the new owner questions, so would be a good read for you to start, but keep asking questions if you have queries, there are plenty of knowledgable people around who will be happy to help you out.
Oh, more pictures is always a good start!
There is a good care sheet on the site, which will help you with a lot of the new owner questions, so would be a good read for you to start, but keep asking questions if you have queries, there are plenty of knowledgable people around who will be happy to help you out.
Oh, more pictures is always a good start!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
mckelish
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: GA USA
Re: Allie and Gator
Thanks! I think they may have been kept together before, however I have kept them separately since I have gotten them. Thank you for the advice, it's nice to be reassured that I am doing at least one thing right lol I will look over the care sheets again, I have read through them a few times but I always seem to find something new each time.
I will post some photos soon!
I will post some photos soon!
- kenn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 400
- Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 am
- Country:
- Location: Belgium
Re: Allie and Gator
Nice skinks and cool names!
Greetings
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
Kenn
Tiliqua ssp. Irian Jaya 0.0.1 [Frosti]
and some other exotics
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Allie and Gator
they are both very lovely! <3's
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
-
mckelish
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: GA USA
Re: Allie and Gator
Some updated pictures.
Gator being a fatty face. He is so cute!


Allie chowing down

Gator being a fatty face. He is so cute!


Allie chowing down

- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Allie and Gator
Thats such a piggy merauke face! Mine makes that exact same face. None of my others do it quite like she does...
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 380 guests
