My First BTS, Gimli
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
gimli1214
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: USA, NY
My First BTS, Gimli
After months of research, and reading lots of posts on this forum, I finally got a BTS. I belive Gimli is a Merauke and about 3-4 months old. I am not sure of the gender yet, but because his name is based off of a male character I have been calling him a he. I have only had him 2 weeks and he already loves coming out of his cage and hanging out with me. He especially likes burrowing under blankets and piles of laundry and exploring pillow cases. Although he is a bit of a picky eater I can get him to eat fruits and veggies by covering them in dog food. I am using coconut fiber bedding now but will try aspen next to see which works better. I am planing on taking Gimli to a local reptile vet once he is completely adjusted to me. Hope you enjoy the pictures and any ideas on gender are appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- hargidsmomy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 43
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 am
- Country:
- Location: invercargill,New Zealand
Re: My First BTS, Gimli
just being nosey whats in his food bowl
CAT THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
REPTILE KEEPING KEEPS ME COOL
REPTILE KEEPING KEEPS ME COOL
- Kurt
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southern Oregon
Re: My First BTS, Gimli
Love the pic of him yawning lol
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
-
gimli1214
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: USA, NY
Re: My First BTS, Gimli
Its a puree of dog food, squash and collard greens.
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: My First BTS, Gimli
He is beautiful. I really love that second photo of him on the rock with his head held high. gorgeous!
- Cenetri
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Northern California
Re: My First BTS, Gimli
Beautiful skink, congrats on your first! I love how creamy yellow he is, and those completely filled in chocolate bands are to die for! 
1.0 Northern Phineas
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 363 guests
