New enclosure in progress =) + New pics
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
Sounds good. Can't wait to see completed photos. What's the skink gonna live in when the monitor takes over the big tank?
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
My skink has a 4ft enclosure right now, but by the time the monitor is big enough to claim his enclosure I'm hoping to have a 5-6ft waiting for him 
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
Very nice. So is the monitor moving into the skinks tank, or are you going to have an empty tank needing a new inhabitant?
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
No, I'm gonna use the one I have. It'll be some work getting it all cleaned, disinfected and of course all rearranged, but i figure it will fit him for quite for a few months at least. And then I'll have even more work in front of me getting both enclosures cleaned and rearranged when it's time for them to switch. But I just can't leave this empty while I'm waiting for the monitor to grow into it, knowing my skink will love having all this space 
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
If my new enclosure for Buddy isn't done yet, that is. Hopefully I'll just have the big one to clean out by then.
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =)
So, Buddy moved in today
I ended up with 35 gallons of wood chips for substrate. Temperatures are fine, he seems to enjoy all this space, he's all busy exploring and even took a chunk out of the bark to see if it was edible (luckily he spit it out.)
I do realize that I need to fill up all this space somehow.. Were gonna make a cave for him this weekend, gonna try to get a hold of a big branch as well.
I do realize that I need to fill up all this space somehow.. Were gonna make a cave for him this weekend, gonna try to get a hold of a big branch as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: New enclosure in progress =) + New pics
Lol, he's tiny! Itty bitty skink. That tank is just so massive!
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =) + New pics
Yeah he does
he looks like a little lost baby..
Need to build him some kind of "ramp" along the front glass though, he loves to see what goes on around the room, but the front is too high so he can't reach up there. He can see through the side glasses though.
Need to build him some kind of "ramp" along the front glass though, he loves to see what goes on around the room, but the front is too high so he can't reach up there. He can see through the side glasses though.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: New enclosure in progress =) + New pics
Haha,looks like a juvie in a 6 foot aquarium
Set up looks great,i like your back ground to,buddy will need a compass getting around in there,looks great
Theres bacteria ect in store bought substrates to,plus using them with lizards its pretty hard not for it to get any
Outdoor soils can be used to,they live on it in nature,plus store bought substrates where also once outdoors to
Set up looks great,i like your back ground to,buddy will need a compass getting around in there,looks great
Theres bacteria ect in store bought substrates to,plus using them with lizards its pretty hard not for it to get any
Outdoor soils can be used to,they live on it in nature,plus store bought substrates where also once outdoors to
- Buddy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: New enclosure in progress =) + New pics
Thanks!
I need a lot more plants and stuff though, a big branch with some vine plants would look great.
Well, I'm kind of skeptical to using outdoor soil.. Yesterday I bought exo terra's plant soil and some reptile sand to fill up the monitors new tank. The sand didn't blend well with the soil though, so I ended up with one section of soil and one with sand for now..
Well, I'm kind of skeptical to using outdoor soil.. Yesterday I bought exo terra's plant soil and some reptile sand to fill up the monitors new tank. The sand didn't blend well with the soil though, so I ended up with one section of soil and one with sand for now..
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 250 guests
