Bowl Problem?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Bowl Problem?

Postby crm2000 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Ok so Percy for the second time pooped in his bowl should I be worried and if it continues what should I do to stop it? :helpme:


Thanks!!! :thumbs:
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 pm

It won't do any good to worry about it. Some BTS are just rude that way. Some never go in their bowl, and others do frequently. It looks like you jut got lucky. :thumbs:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby crm2000 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Yay I feel soooo lucky I get to wash poop out of his bowl :D !!!
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Rani-May » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am

lol have fun with that. most of mine tend to go in the same corners all the time on snake bedding i use in their enclosures lol
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby crm2000 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm

I will oh yeah today I was holding him and he went on my shirt so I put him away and changed.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Sarikazam » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Neither of my skinks have pooped in their water... yet. But my Crested Gecko does all the time!
I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent it though! xD
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Rani-May » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:13 pm

they are gonna go where they wanna go lol
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby crm2000 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah I just had to make sure there wasn't a way to stop him he has now done it 3 times
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Richard.C » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 pm

there is a way u can trt to stop it

offer water and once they have had a deink remove bowl,thougg even doing that they often still poop in it,lol
User avatar
crm2000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Country:
Location: North America

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby crm2000 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Ok I will hopefully he won't start doing it frequently.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm

You can also offer 2 water dishes - a larger soaking dish that you expect to get dirty, and a smaller drinking dish that's harder to make a mess in. Or at least that's how I'm planning it out for my tanks, not sure it'll work...
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby Lea » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am

I don't know if space really has much to do with it, but I never see poops in the large water pool I have in the outdoor enclosure. I'm out there at least three times a day in summer and the water is shallow, with pebbles at the bottom, so I'd spot any floaters easily. There seems to be a "poop area", away from the food and favourite sleeping spots, too. I don't watch them all day, of course and there are bound to be some doodoos elsewhere, but having observed frequently, given the room, I believe that most skinks will not contaminate their food/water/living areas with faeces.

I'll stress that this is an innate habit, definitely not learned, in a training sense and have not been "trained". It's more that they see a better option and poop somewhere other than their dinner or water dish.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
EricaBobrik
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm
Country:
Location: Colorado

Re: Bowl Problem?

Postby EricaBobrik » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 pm

The two bowl thing works for us. Cal has a smaller drinking dish and a larger soaking one. She doesn't make the soaking dish messy that often but its nice that she has the ability to still drink if she goes in her soaking one and I'm not home to clean it instantly.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests