Well my PVC enclosure's heat gave out the other day. It was built into the cage. So ow I need another heat source. I think i will have to go with a UTH inside the enclosure cause I cannot remove the other and I donlt think placing one under would allow much heat to occur.
Has anyone used any heat pads in enclosure. I have used Cobra mats which are nice. I think heat tape might cause problems cause of their claws.
Any ideas?
Thanks
UTH,,,good ones
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
financier
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04 pm
- Country:
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: UTH,,,good ones
As far as I know, all UTH is designed to go OUTSIDE the enclosure, with a minimal air gap between the pad/tape. That is why they dont work for wood or similar type enclosures. The heat doesn't get through. It can be dangerous to allow the animal to have direct contact with the heat source.
The first thing I would do is look into the instructions for whichever product you are considering. I think most work very well IF used properly. The horror stories you hear about UTH are usually due to improper use.
The first thing I would do is look into the instructions for whichever product you are considering. I think most work very well IF used properly. The horror stories you hear about UTH are usually due to improper use.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: UTH,,,good ones
Just don't ever use any kind of heat source where they can get to it. Will only eventually end up badly
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: UTH,,,good ones
With heat tape,possably mats to u can cover them with a plastic sheet to keep contact with animals away
What ever u use i reccomend thermostatically controlling it
What ever u use i reccomend thermostatically controlling it
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: UTH,,,good ones
UTH are for OUTSIDE. If you want a safe inside heat source, get a Radiant Heat Panel.
I recommend Ultratherm Undertank Heating pads, with a thermostat. ANY heat pad can short out and cook your animals, thermostats are a MUST, and help reduce the risk by a ton. Many cheap heat pads can and do cause fires due to improper construction, and normally a lack of thermostat.
I recommend Ultratherm Undertank Heating pads, with a thermostat. ANY heat pad can short out and cook your animals, thermostats are a MUST, and help reduce the risk by a ton. Many cheap heat pads can and do cause fires due to improper construction, and normally a lack of thermostat.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 313 guests
