http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jD8kVzTHig
Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Caipora excited over Cockroaches
He's getting big (11 months old), had to upgrade to the bigger feeding bin for him
Him chasing Dubia roaches and one confuses him when it hides next to his stomach lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jD8kVzTHig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jD8kVzTHig
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
oh he is so cute. he shakes his head so softly "to kill it" compared to all mine lol
That one roach gave him such a workout on its own. This video made me giggle
That one roach gave him such a workout on its own. This video made me giggle
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Yea he is such an extremely gentle skink lol. Glad you enjoyed! I giggle when he's chasing roaches too XD
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- Kurt
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southern Oregon
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
love it! I gotta get a vid of apollo chasing roaches, he goes crazy!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Some of mine are terrible hunters and they bite the roach, than go to reposition it, drop it, roach takes off, and then I have to catch a half chewed roach again 

~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
SapphireTigress wrote:Some of mine are terrible hunters and they bite the roach, than go to reposition it, drop it, roach takes off, and then I have to catch a half chewed roach again
That's what happened with Caipora last night when I let him chase one at a time on the ground for extra exercise. I filmed some of it and might put some clips together, it was really funny him chasing the roach, then it going too far and we are both chasing it so it doesn't go under anything lol. Once he caught one by the wings and it was still trying to get away then he let go and it ran. Poor thing he ended up catching it and biting and leg off and a little of it's body was injured. He ended up not eating that last one so I fed it to my scorpion so it wouldn't suffer and probably die back in the colony.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
I was rooting for him the entire time lmao, he's awesome!!
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
AnnaMonroe wrote:I was rooting for him the entire time lmao, he's awesome!!
hahaha yea I feel really bad for the poor roaches, but I must admit that it's funny to watch him chase them around.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Lol that was definitely my favorite part. He looked like he was having the time of his life.
I had an excited facial expression on the entire time, but everytime I heard the *crunch* in Caipora's mouth I was like ewwww lmao.
I had an excited facial expression on the entire time, but everytime I heard the *crunch* in Caipora's mouth I was like ewwww lmao.
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
AnnaMonroe wrote:Lol that was definitely my favorite part. He looked like he was having the time of his life.
I had an excited facial expression on the entire time, but everytime I heard the *crunch* in Caipora's mouth I was like ewwww lmao.
Agh I hate the crunching too, it's so loud. X_X
Oh man though, the other night was crazy. I need to edit together the clips of him chasing them on the ground for more exercise. Was hilarious
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Can't wait to see!!!! :}
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: Caipora excited over Cockroaches
Just posted it!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21834
Ok now I'm done with roach videos for a while, I've made like 3 in the past month or two I think lol.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21834
Ok now I'm done with roach videos for a while, I've made like 3 in the past month or two I think lol.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 284 guests
