Hi there all!
I've been lurking quietly on here for some months, absorbing all of your excellent knowledge and know-how. I figured it was time to introduce myself, as you've all finally convinced me that a BTS needed to be my next reptile due to their sheer awesomeness. I've spent nearly a year trying to decide on what herp to get, from looking into info and reading every scrap I could find on Water Dragons, Beardies, Uros, and Skinks, I finally decided that BTS were a perfect match for me. I'm actually getting a Northern next Wednesday, and I'm so completely excited!
Right now I tend to my small, yet wonderful herd of turtles. Darwin, my rescued Red-Eared Slider. Poe, my beautiful CB Northern Diamondback Terrapin. And Dante, my rescued Ornate Box Turtle, whose previous owners kept him in extremely unhealthy conditions due to ignorance. That's why I value forums like these!
I'm looking forward to learning much more from everyone.
Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- macaroni_thief
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Northern California, USA
- Contact:
Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
0.0.2 Northern BTS [Ellison] [Phineas]
1.0.0 Red Ear Slider [Darwin]
1.0.0 Ornate Box Turtle [Dante]
1.0.0 Northern Diamondback Terrapin [Poe]
1.0.0 Red Ear Slider [Darwin]
1.0.0 Ornate Box Turtle [Dante]
1.0.0 Northern Diamondback Terrapin [Poe]
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
Blue tongue skinks are wonderful pets, you will not be disappointed. Do you have a name ready? And i assume you have or are getting the set up all ready for him/her?
Also, you should post some pictures of all your other reptiles on the ëverything Off-topic part. Would love to see them all! And pictures on here when you get your skink
Also, you should post some pictures of all your other reptiles on the ëverything Off-topic part. Would love to see them all! And pictures on here when you get your skink
- macaroni_thief
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Northern California, USA
- Contact:
Re: Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
I'll be putting the finishing touches on the enclosure this weekend, just to test that I have everything right before the little one gets here! I'll post pics when I'm finished so people can comment on what needs improvement.
Nope, I don't have a name yet! But all of my other reptiles are named after authors (Darwin, Dante, Poe). I was thinking about continuing the trend. Any suggestions on your favorite authors?
Nope, I don't have a name yet! But all of my other reptiles are named after authors (Darwin, Dante, Poe). I was thinking about continuing the trend. Any suggestions on your favorite authors?
0.0.2 Northern BTS [Ellison] [Phineas]
1.0.0 Red Ear Slider [Darwin]
1.0.0 Ornate Box Turtle [Dante]
1.0.0 Northern Diamondback Terrapin [Poe]
1.0.0 Red Ear Slider [Darwin]
1.0.0 Ornate Box Turtle [Dante]
1.0.0 Northern Diamondback Terrapin [Poe]
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
I dont read much apart from my uni books, but i use to love Stephen King/Dean Koontz lol.
I look forward to seeing the pictures
I look forward to seeing the pictures
-
Cathy20
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 118
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southwest Ohio, USA
Re: Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
Well, my favorite author is James Patterson, if you like the sound of either 'James' or 'Patterson' as a name. Although, you may want to have ppl guess at your skink's gender before "officially" naming him/her. But if it's a boy, consider James or Patterson! 
Love your life! God only knows how long it will last! 
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Newbie! And Soon To Be BTS Owner
I named all my skinks after StarCraft 2 Zerg units, so i've got a Creep, Zergling, Overlord & Broodlord, and I used to have a Baneling. My old lucy texas rat was Kerrigan 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 228 guests
