Hello, I'm new to these forums and to skinks.
I don't have my northern blue tongue skink yet, but I'll be getting him on Tuesday. Nonetheless, I thought it wouldn't be an awful idea to join a forum dedicated to skinks ahead of time.
I'm a beginner when it comes to lizards. I choose the skink to begin with because I've read some pretty great things about them, and that they don't require me messing around with insects everyday (which I don't mind, it's just not ideal right now since I'm renting one of my parent's houses, and I don't think my mother would be too happy at finding crickets, mealworms, or roaches in the house. Worse enough when she found the frozen rats in the freezer for my snakes XD ).
I'm extremely excited, I'm getting his stuff set up today and running it til we get him and testing it out to make sure the temps are good. And I'm looking up some stuff about food to get on Monday so it'll all be fresh and ready. ^.^ He'll be in 20 gallon tank for a little while, but I'm working on making a bigger one for when he gets bigger (he's just a baby right now). I'll still be working on constructing that this weekend too, just so I'll have it done, because I'm not entirely sure when he'll outgrow the current tank, so I'd rather have it on hand so whenever it seems like he's getting too big I can switch him over.
So, I'm pretty sure he'll be spoiled rotten, like any of my other animals are. XD It feels like I have a small zoo here now...Three cats, two dogs, two ball pythons and a skink. o.o And next year we'll probably have some farm animals. lol. Jeesh...
Hello! New here...
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
painted
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, U.S.
- Niels D
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm
- Country:
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Hello! New here...
Welcome. Love the fact that you're so well prepared. I know for sure that your future skink will be really happy. 

Greetings from The Lowlands
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
-
painted
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, U.S.
Re: Hello! New here...
Thanks!
I try to be as prepared as I can be for a new animal.
Wasn't always like that, our dogs taught us a lot about proper care. My parents were the type of people who believed a dog just needed food and water, to be cleaned up after and some attention. So, it rubbed off on me as well to not attain all the information you could before bringing home a pet. So, when one of them had a skin problem the vets couldn't fix, it opened up the communities and sites you could look up for care and helped us pave a way to providing better care. So, I try my best to start off any type of animal with the best nowdays. Especially after seeing such a extreme (but great) change in our dogs.
I try to be as prepared as I can be for a new animal.
Wasn't always like that, our dogs taught us a lot about proper care. My parents were the type of people who believed a dog just needed food and water, to be cleaned up after and some attention. So, it rubbed off on me as well to not attain all the information you could before bringing home a pet. So, when one of them had a skin problem the vets couldn't fix, it opened up the communities and sites you could look up for care and helped us pave a way to providing better care. So, I try my best to start off any type of animal with the best nowdays. Especially after seeing such a extreme (but great) change in our dogs.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hello! New here...
I look forward to lots of photos of your new skink when you get him. Do you have a name for him yet? They make fantastic pets, you wont regret it


-
painted
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, U.S.
Re: Hello! New here...
No worries on the pictures. The moment I can I'm taking tons. ^.^
I haven't gotten a name yet, been looking around and making a list. :3
I haven't gotten a name yet, been looking around and making a list. :3
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hello! New here...
Nice
Let us know what you call your skinky too 
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: Hello! New here...
painted wrote:So, I'm pretty sure he'll be spoiled rotten, like any of my other animals are. XD It feels like I have a small zoo here now...Three cats, two dogs, two ball pythons and a skink. o.o And next year we'll probably have some farm animals. lol. Jeesh...
Aren't they always? Welcome to BTS.net and post lots of pictures!
Cay T.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Hello! New here...
Coomassie wrote:Welcome to BTS.net and post lots of pictures!
I thought it was .org now

-
painted
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm
- Country:
- Location: Utah, U.S.
Re: Hello! New here...
Got him in today! All safe and sound in his new home. He was huffing and puffing at first, and then I gave him a little bit of food and a tiny bit of a blueberry when I took him out to show my mate. Afterwards I think he was like "Wait, this thing gives me food...Awesome!" And he settled down while we were looking him over (of course, I'm sure he'll still huff and puff for a little while. He's so tiny!).
I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning. Had some chores to do and didn't have much time afterwards to snap some before going to work. :c Gotta still look for a name too.
First time getting to watch one for a while, his little head looks like a dinosaur. XD
I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning. Had some chores to do and didn't have much time afterwards to snap some before going to work. :c Gotta still look for a name too.
First time getting to watch one for a while, his little head looks like a dinosaur. XD
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Hello! New here...
I love that you joined this forum BEFORE getting your bluey! I'm a big believer of being as prepared as possible before getting an animal, and I'm currently a lurker on tons of forums, just in CASE I might actually get one of those species in the future 
Grats on your you little guy, like mentioned, PICS PLEASE!
Grats on your you little guy, like mentioned, PICS PLEASE!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 190 guests
