Interesting observation kim,both species live in open areas to
Some uv lighting has been proven to hurt/harm lizards eyes,more so some of the spiral uv flourescents,so something else to consider if lizards appear to avoid the uv light
UVA/UVB lighting
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
-
kl
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Massachusetts
Re: UVA/UVB lighting
It definitely provides a different lighting look compared to regular bulbs. I've not used it on baby blue tongues ever and sometimes I worry about whether I should use it or not on animals that grow very quickly and possibly more likely to be able to develop MBD. I cannot use it on small cages like what I keep the babies in because they get too hot for them. Several of the larger scale breeders of bearded dragons and chameleons tend to use it here. It's like the dog food vs. non dog food diets, the same controversy exists for UV lighting. I recently had a Fat Tailed Skink (Riopa Corpulenta) that I got as a baby a couple yrs ago that did develop MBD but I attributed it to too low temperature and not enough calcium dusting on the insects.
Kim
Kim
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 202 guests
