Here's a video I took this morning of one of the Blueys that live in my yard. I have nick Named this guy "Camo" as he is so good at hiding from other Predators :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uhUncyjrc
Cheers
Uly
Camo goes walk about :-)
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Uly
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Clever use of cover,south east qld easterns are quite different looking to the ones around here,i like they variety in them,great to watch what the wild ones get up to,thanks for sharing
-
Uly
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
I don't think this guy is going to have much troubles from predators...I still keep a bit of an eye on him from a distance tho :-)
No worry's Richard, Glad you liked the vid :-)
Cheers
Uly
No worry's Richard, Glad you liked the vid :-)
Cheers
Uly
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Hmm..I cannot watch the video.. every time I click on the link, it says "This video is unlisted. Only those with the link can see it." Very strange... :/
-
Uly
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Hi Anna :-)
A YouTube video that is unlisted just means that it's not available for everyone in the public to view...just those that have the link.I do this because of the stupidity that happens on YouTube. So the link is posted in my first post and I just checked it out and it's working. Richard was able to watch it too...So I wonder if you have a setting turned off on YouTube or it's not available on YouTube outside of Australia?
Anyone outside of Australia able to view the video?
Otherwise I'm not really sure how to get it working for you? Sorry
Anna can you see this Video? It's another video of Camo walking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xiFFs6WiEI
Uly
A YouTube video that is unlisted just means that it's not available for everyone in the public to view...just those that have the link.I do this because of the stupidity that happens on YouTube. So the link is posted in my first post and I just checked it out and it's working. Richard was able to watch it too...So I wonder if you have a setting turned off on YouTube or it's not available on YouTube outside of Australia?
Anyone outside of Australia able to view the video?
Otherwise I'm not really sure how to get it working for you? Sorry
Anna can you see this Video? It's another video of Camo walking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xiFFs6WiEI
Uly
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Yep i clicked on the link,works for me
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
I'm in Canada and can see the video. The unlisted warning shows up at the top of the page, but the video still loads like normal.
I am insanely jealous. I would love to have animals to watch in the backyard. Especially animals as amazing as BTS. I really enjoy caring for mine, but to watch them naturally would be fantastic.
I am insanely jealous. I would love to have animals to watch in the backyard. Especially animals as amazing as BTS. I really enjoy caring for mine, but to watch them naturally would be fantastic.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Its definatly a bonus watching the wild ones,i havnt seen any wild ones this season yet which i odd,but hasnt been overly warm yet,this very day last sean my outdoor blotchies were mating,they have only just had first feed this year,and wernt overly peckish,so a lage start looks ominous,lol
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
yayyyy it started working!! & i must say, that is one BIIIIIIG bluey!! xD
-
Uly
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Glad the Video started working for you Anna....yeah it is a big Bluey. I haven't seen a snail in my yard for years...We can see why lol :-)
Yeah I'm lucky to have a lot of wild animals in my yard. It's great for an animal lover like myself :-) I also have some Frog Mouth Owls, Blue Mountain Parrots (don't know the correct name), White & Pink Galah's, lorikeets & Green Tree frogs and much more. The Bluey's are definitely the coolest in my Yard :-)
I'd say it's probably a bit cold down your way Richard...I'm sure they'll be everywhere soon :-)
-Uly
Yeah I'm lucky to have a lot of wild animals in my yard. It's great for an animal lover like myself :-) I also have some Frog Mouth Owls, Blue Mountain Parrots (don't know the correct name), White & Pink Galah's, lorikeets & Green Tree frogs and much more. The Bluey's are definitely the coolest in my Yard :-)
I'd say it's probably a bit cold down your way Richard...I'm sure they'll be everywhere soon :-)
-Uly
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Yeah we get the odd nice day then a week of pox days,lol,typical melb,compost pile was quite empty over winter so none were hibernating in it this past winter,that i saw anyways"only lizard ive seen in the yard is an escape artist cunningham skink,every time i catch it and put back in cage i disciver its out again by the following day,the other 5 stay in and im buggered if i kniw how it dies it
Smart bugger learns how to avoid capture better each time to,i feel its mocking me now,next time its living indoors till i make them a new cage outside
Hopefully see a few wild ones soon,been way to long
Smart bugger learns how to avoid capture better each time to,i feel its mocking me now,next time its living indoors till i make them a new cage outside
Hopefully see a few wild ones soon,been way to long
- Niels D
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm
- Country:
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
How I wish there would be BTS living in my back yard! Great vid!
Greetings from The Lowlands
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
-
Uly
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Re: Camo goes walk about :-)
Thanks Niels. If you think that's cool my sister has Bearded Dragons & Bluey's in her Yard! That makes me Jealous :-)

Cheers
Uly

Cheers
Uly
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 444 guests
