Rare birth

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
GetCoiled
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Country:

Re: Rare birth

Postby GetCoiled » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 am

Ehmmm... Sorry, but does TRA stand for T.r.aspera?
thanks
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Rare birth

Postby Richard.C » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 am

Hopefully male gets it right with another season under his belt,slugs is better than nothing u guess,whilst still the pitts,promise of things to come
Fred Gaal
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:28 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rare birth

Postby Fred Gaal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:36 am

GetCoiled wrote:Ehmmm... Sorry, but does TRA stand for T.r.aspera?
thanks


Yes, Trr = T. rugosa rugosa
Tra= T. rugosa aspera
Trp= T. rugosa palarra
and Trk= T. rugosa konowi The T. = Tiliqua or Trachidosaurus.

I like the colour from your Trr # 3, its a nice dark head, I think this one will be stunning in a few months, Hope you will keep
posting some pictures of this one (and the others ofcourse).

Was the Trp #1 your first from this year, I mean the one we did see 3 weeks ago?
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: Rare birth

Postby realis88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 am

wow nice
User avatar
GetCoiled
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Country:

Re: Rare birth

Postby GetCoiled » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks Fred ;-)
User avatar
scaredofbees
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:27 am
Country: US
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: Rare birth

Postby scaredofbees » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:28 am

Really fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
0.1 Tiliqua rugosa aspera
User avatar
jasjmm27
Live Bearing Lizards
Live Bearing Lizards
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 pm
Country:
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Rare birth

Postby jasjmm27 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 am

Rolf,

Sorry to hear that...hope the new male takes soon...getting slugs is FAR better then I have had so far anyway! :thumbs:

Hope you have TRA twins next year! Do you have the larger variety of TRA? I forget...

Pipa wrote:Hi jasjmm27
It's a shame - got no Tra ! :oops:
I lost my male for unknown reason (sudden death) two years ago and was not able to find a male that is accepted by my females. :roll:
So I got only Tra slugs...
I hate this :evil: :helpme:
Pipa
Trachydosaurus.de
Trachydosaurus.de
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:37 am
Country:

Re: Rare birth

Postby Pipa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am

Yes Fred, you saw this one, and I think the others too.
Only the Trk were born later...


Jas, usually I got 3 to 4 babies from one of my female - better than twins 8)
I keep 4 females, two phenotypes.
Last edited by Pipa on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Gaal
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:28 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rare birth

Postby Fred Gaal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks, that day it was shedding, how does it look now?
Pipa
Trachydosaurus.de
Trachydosaurus.de
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:37 am
Country:

Re: Rare birth

Postby Pipa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 am

it was just the "birth shedding", still the same....
Most changes will appear with the first real shedding after hibernation.
User avatar
jasjmm27
Live Bearing Lizards
Live Bearing Lizards
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 pm
Country:
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Rare birth

Postby jasjmm27 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

Pipa wrote:Jas, usually I got 3 to 4 babies from one of my female - better than twins 8)
I keep 4 females, two phenotypes.


Now that is something I have never heard from a shingleback breeder! WOW!
I need to find that recipe! 8)
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Rare birth

Postby Richard.C » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm

3 to 4,wow,thats good going,like cramming 2 years into 1,thats a great number to be averaging
occi1
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:53 pm
Country:
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Rare birth

Postby occi1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 am

Amazing animals and well done! It would be a dream if they became available here in oz.
User avatar
GetCoiled
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Country:

Re: Rare birth

Postby GetCoiled » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:57 am

Pipa wrote:it was just the "birth shedding", still the same....
Most changes will appear with the first real shedding after hibernation.



have you already sent those babies in hibernation?
Fred Gaal
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:28 pm
Country:
Location: Netherlands

Re: Rare birth

Postby Fred Gaal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:04 am

GetCoiled wrote:
Pipa wrote:it was just the "birth shedding", still the same....
Most changes will appear with the first real shedding after hibernation.



have you already sent those babies in hibernation?


I think that would be a little early, they only go in for 4 to 8 weeks that whould mean you need to wake them up in the middel of the dark winter.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 272 guests