Ainsley Pics

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Ainsley Pics

Postby CricketForestwater » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Just figured I might as well have an "update" thread for my little guy. I really should be getting ready for work, right now, but I can't seem to keep from taking photo after photo of my new baby!

Found a great way to get him to eat his greens: cover them with sweet potato baby food! This one was taken outside the glass of his cage, thus the reason my camera thought it would be a brilliant idea to use the flash and wash out the picture >_<

Image



So, I decided to take them inside his enclosure...of which he wasn't too sure about at first.

Image



But, I think he's used to me enough, by now, so he just went right back to nomming. Of course, by this time he'd figured out that simply licking the greens would get him more of the taste from the baby food. Think he was also getting a little full.

Image


Anyway, that's all for now! Keep a watch on this thread for more updates as they come :)
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby AnnaMonroe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:16 pm

The stare picture !!! Hahaha I love it! Thanks for sharing, what a cutie!
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby BruinsEv » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 am

Very cute! I like the idea of blending, I do it with dog food but same result!
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby bella3 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:35 am

Those are adorable! I like the first picture.
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby CricketForestwater » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 am

BruinsEv wrote:Very cute! I like the idea of blending, I do it with dog food but same result!


Yup, before I had just tossed together the chicken and greens, but being the smart little thing that he is he quickly figured out he could push the greens aside to get at the yummy chicken. Do you blend yours together with a food processor? Or just by hand? I usually have the different components (finely chopped greens, cooked shredded and cut chicken, jar of babyfood) prepped and separate in the fridge and mix them together with my fingers in the amount I want when I'm ready to feed him.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Personally I don't recommend feeding baby food, full of preservatives, sugars, etc. X_X Not the healthiest.

Also what I do (back when i fed mine high quality dog food mixed with veggies as well as now with my meat mix of ground turkey, steak, chicken heat/gizzards/liver) is chop up veggies very tiny, mix the meat in with the veggies so that most of the veggies are in the middle so that when mine takes a big bite he eats that too. or just chop them finely and mix in very well, or use a food processor. :]
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm

I love the second picture! I have seen that look many times!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby Lea » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Yup and you can never get tired of it! Adorable!
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby CricketForestwater » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:08 am

Not a picture, this time, but a video! The quality is a little low since it's being taken from outside the glass of the tank, but I still thought is reaction to the wax worm was adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWFYwUElLfM&feature=plcp
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby AnnaMonroe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 am

I love the way Ainsley turns his head to the side LOL :)
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby CricketForestwater » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 am

The lighting in my apartment is crap, so I wasn't able to get very good pictures of the adorableness, but tonight Ainsley had fun exploring the couch, then burrowing through my hair, then burrowing into my shirt and is now sitting comfortably in my shirt sleeve while I clean. More and more of his personality is coming out and he's such a silly little thing XD

Image
Exploring!


Image
Peekaboo~


And lastly a bit of a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJTQz0im ... e=youtu.be
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby CricketForestwater » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 am

Now that Ainsley is back from his Grand Adventure, I figured I'd do a few photo updates. Just a few cute ones, though I do need to do a size update. He's gotten so big! At least twice the size he was when we got him :D


In his Log hide. He will use the little branches or just about anything else the right height in his cage as a sort of chin prop or pillow. I find it absolutely adorable.

Image
Image


Next he's in the hood of my sweater. He stayed there for hours until I finally decided I needed to put him back in his cage.

Image
Image

He really loves being in there lol


Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the update! And thank you again to all that worried right along with me while he was missing~
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby Rani-May » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:24 am

Naaaw, cutest
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: Ainsley Pics

Postby realis88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 am

so cute

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 312 guests