My new Northern baby!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
dunky
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm
Country:
Location: United States

My new Northern baby!

Postby dunky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while, but I finally decided I wanted to show off my baby Northern bluey, named Reptar. He was born on 6/3/12, and I received him on 8/15/12. When I got him he was 44 grams and 7.5 inches, and now he is a whopping 81g and 9.6 inches! I've been feeding him Halo Spot's Stew canned food (alternating dog and cat, and chicken and beef flavors), along with various veggies and greens. I'm trying to rotate as much of his foods as possible, and I've been supplementing using Repashy ICB and Exoterra Calcium + Vitamin D. I've been feeding him small amounts daily since he was under 3 months old, but now he will be switched to feedings every other day.

He's currently housed in a 20L aquarium, but will be upgraded as soon as possible (within the next month most likely). Lighting is an Exoterra 100w basking spot lamp, to keep his warm side at about 97-103°F depending on the ambient room temp, and a Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb. His setup is fairly plain at the moment, as I wanted to make sure I could keep an eye on his bowel movements since he was new. The yellow box in the picture is a shoebox full of carefresh which he likes to go to sleep in every night.

Image

Image

Image

Checking out my new betta:
Image

Image

Tank:
Image
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby Jeff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 pm

That's a little ripper you got there! Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby Fatal_S » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Very cute, congrats :D
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby Richard.C » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 am

Very nice looking specimen,dig the hide to,with substrate to hide inside for extra security,looks in great shape,welcome to the forum
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby CricketForestwater » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 am

He's got some beautiful coloring! The name made me giggle XD

Is that a female Betta? Or a Plakat?
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 am

Aw man...I was going to get my bluey this month and I've been wanting to name him Reptar for the longest time now!
I guess I have to go come up with a new name :(

Btw, nice looking bluey you have there! He seems to be enjoying his care fresh box lol
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby bella3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 am

Awe what a cutie! I like the pic of him looking at the betta.
dunky
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 pm
Country:
Location: United States

Re: My new Northern baby!

Postby dunky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks everyone!

CricketForestwater wrote:He's got some beautiful coloring! The name made me giggle XD

Is that a female Betta? Or a Plakat?


It's a male halfmoon Plakat. :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 201 guests