Hello from Montreal, QC!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
taquitos
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:45 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, QC (Canada)

Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby taquitos » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 am

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself here... I'm a complete n00b when it comes to reptiles, but my fascination with them started after having the chance to hold a gargoyle gecko at an animal expo 2 years ago.

I've been researching various reptiles for a while now, and BTS have really caught my interest!

I don't have any reptiles at home, but I thought that one must be added to my menagerie at home :) At the moment I share my home with two cats, a foster pitbull (she's going to her forever home soon), and two hedgehogs.

I have some questions that I wanted to ask, but I think maybe it's a good idea to search the forum before I ask them to avoid irritating you all with questions you have probably been asked already ^_^

The only thing I have to ask right now is regarding raw food.... Is it recommended/not recommended to feed your skink raw meats? I ask because I work at a raw pet food store (human grade meat with no hormones), and so I was wondering I could feed my skink the same stuff?

Thank you! I shall go lurk all the cute photos of skinks on this forum here now~
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby bella3 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 am

:D Welcome the the forum! I really don't know about raw meats-sorry.
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby Richard.C » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:03 pm

they can eat raw meats,they eat rotting flesh in the wild,eg roadkill,poultry with its salmonella risk would be wiser to cook i guess

i feed mine dogfood,the plus being its a staple diet for omnivours,its conveniant, and with lots and lots of skinks its easy to use up in one hit,somefeeding sessions i use up a slab of cans in one hit

welcome to the forum,dont be shy asking questions either if u arent sure of anything,good to see your doing your homework first
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby AnnaMonroe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:08 pm

:btsnet2:
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby BruinsEv » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Welcome, fellow Canadian!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Hello from Montreal, QC!

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! Most here will agree you cant go wrong with a bluey (or two, or ten!).

Regarding the raw food, I honestly have never tried it so I will not comment. However, if you'd like, Id love to hear you opinions regarding raw diets in other animals (dogs and cats specifically)! If so, please start a post in the Off Topic forum!
Brad

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 232 guests