I am getting my first BTS tomorrow!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: I am getting my first BTS tomorrow!

Postby Sarikazam » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Richard.C wrote:if bugs were moving round fast they probably werent mites,always good to treat new arrivals anyways,just to be safe

Oh that is good to hear! I didn't think they looked like mites, but I don't know what other kinds of mites look like.
But still, I will be sure to play it safe just in case.


On another unrelated note, I just measured him and he is 14.5" long. About 9" from snout to vent. So I guess he still has a lot of growing to do.
And I just tried to feed him for the first time. I had to excavate around his head and try to offer him a bit of banana, but he didn't go for it. So I left his food out there for him to eat in privacy. Maybe I will save the snails until he is more active.

Also his terrarium is only 30" wide x 12" deep. No wonder I thought he filled it out so well!
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: I am getting my first BTS tomorrow!

Postby Spindown » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

For some skinks, snails are like crack, only healthier :)

Id also recommend you get some f-10 to sanitize any new tank. Bleach/ammonia/vinegar can miss killinh really nasty things like crypto etc. There are some interesting threads on cleaners here.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: I am getting my first BTS tomorrow!

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

SapphireTigress wrote:For some skinks, snails are like crack, only healthier :)

Id also recommend you get some f-10 to sanitize any new tank. Bleach/ammonia/vinegar can miss killinh really nasty things like crypto etc. There are some interesting threads on cleaners here.


Apparently he is one of those Skinks! He gobbled up two snails and was hunting around for more!

And thanks for pointing that out! I will look into that immediately.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 227 guests