Hi Everyone
I'm new to this forum and after reading between a bearded dragon and blue tongue skink. I leading toward the BTS. I'd like to know what species of BTS is easy to tame. Do they drink water outa of a dish or do they have to be mist. Where can I get a healthy BTS. That's it for now. Im getting sleepy. I'll read more this weekend.
Thanks for reading and answering
P.S Great Forum
BTS Info and Breeders
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Primetime
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tobyhanna, PA USA
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: BTS Info and Breeders
Welcome. Please feel free to have a look at the VERY detailed caresheet (or should I say book?). http://bluetongueskinks.net/care.htm
Typically as long as you purchase a CBB (captive bred and born) baby from a reputable breeder, most will tame down nicely. I have CBB Tannies that are more docile than CBB Northerns. They all have a personality and when buying from a breeder, they should be able to tell you about their personality.
They dont have to be misted, however, I have witnessed my skinks drinking both ways. But providing just a bowl is fine.
As for locating a breeder, i would start here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19635
Typically as long as you purchase a CBB (captive bred and born) baby from a reputable breeder, most will tame down nicely. I have CBB Tannies that are more docile than CBB Northerns. They all have a personality and when buying from a breeder, they should be able to tell you about their personality.
They dont have to be misted, however, I have witnessed my skinks drinking both ways. But providing just a bowl is fine.
As for locating a breeder, i would start here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19635
Brad
-
Primetime
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tobyhanna, PA USA
Re: BTS Info and Breeders
Thanks for the info and responding ReptileKing
- Edward
- Carpe diem

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
- Country: U.S.A.
- Location: Texas
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 326 guests

