His lip is healing up! He eats every 3 days (should it be more often than that?), loves apples, canned snails and his dog food and fresh veggies. He doesn't like blueberries for some reason. Adores bananas.
Photo update on Kupo! :D
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Photo update on Kupo! :D
I thought I should post more photographs of Kupo since his vet visit weeks ago. He is doing very well, growing bigger, will be a year old in August. 
His lip is healing up! He eats every 3 days (should it be more often than that?), loves apples, canned snails and his dog food and fresh veggies. He doesn't like blueberries for some reason. Adores bananas.
His lip is healing up! He eats every 3 days (should it be more often than that?), loves apples, canned snails and his dog food and fresh veggies. He doesn't like blueberries for some reason. Adores bananas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Kupo looks fantastic
What a shiny skink.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Shiny, sleek, and gorgeous. His lip is healing up great! Looks like he has great body condition so I doubt he would need to eat more often. My adult skink only eats once a week.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Very pretty skinker. I love that name too.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
I'm in love with his colors and patterns, simply stunning, and it looks like he has a bright and fun enclosure provided! Happy skinkkk lol =)
- vincenzoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:04 am
- Country:
- Location: FRANCE (Alsace)
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Oh! Cute! Have you got a picture of the whole enclosure? it seems to be nicely decorated...
4 eastern, 2 tanimbar (silver and yellow), 2 indonesian, 1 Irian jaya, 1 ornate box turtle, 1 painted wood turtle, 3 albert's turtles, 1 florida softshell turtle and flower beetles.
S'cuse me if my english is not good or not understand everything!
S'cuse me if my english is not good or not understand everything!
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
vincenzoo wrote:Oh! Cute! Have you got a picture of the whole enclosure? it seems to be nicely decorated...
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yes, I have a photo of the whole enclosure; it is actually quite simple in decor as I wanted to maximize space for Kupo to maneuver around his poop, he has this tendency to be more than happy to run through it!
The plants are meant to cover up the sides a bit and give him some security. It has helped as now he spends 80% of the day just strolling around or laying flat out in the middle or in his basking area. I kept with the minimum of two hides, and he uses both regularly. He likes to dig around in the left hide (cool side).
That flat rock "ramp" you see leading up to his basking spot on the right is to help keep his nails in check. I never need to trim them now. He always uses that ramp to climb up there and bask and I guess the uphill climbing motion is perfect for the nail trimming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Wow! Beautiful pics, I adore the last one with his little head popping out of his hide LOL too cute 
Also thanks for posting a pic of your BTS using the Exo Terra rock cave,
That's what I was asking about in my "how many of you actually use this" thread.
Looks like an ideal purchase
(btw you have the XL. The L is more flat on the top) ^.^
Also thanks for posting a pic of your BTS using the Exo Terra rock cave,
That's what I was asking about in my "how many of you actually use this" thread.
Looks like an ideal purchase
(btw you have the XL. The L is more flat on the top) ^.^
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
AnnaMonroe wrote:Wow! Beautiful pics, I adore the last one with his little head popping out of his hide LOL too cute
Also thanks for posting a pic of your BTS using the Exo Terra rock cave,
That's what I was asking about in my "how many of you actually use this" thread.
Looks like an ideal purchase
(btw you have the XL. The L is more flat on the top) ^.^
Ohhh! Yeah! Definitely buy it, it's so useful, I've had it ever since Kupo came home and it's his favorite hide ever. Definitely worth the purchase long-term.
Thanks for the clarification! Go for the XL!

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
No, thank you and your photos!
I had a tough time deciding on whether or not to purchase it ! 
- iLoveMyLizard
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: United Kingdom
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Kupo is one of my favourite northerns I have seen on this forum, and hes looking great!
Love the aesthetics of his enclosure too.
Love the aesthetics of his enclosure too.
1.0.0 Irian Jaya - Sid
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
AnnaMonroe wrote:No, thank you and your photos!I had a tough time deciding on whether or not to purchase it !
I'm glad Kupo's photos help out in some way then.
iLoveMyLizard wrote:Kupo is one of my favourite northerns I have seen on this forum, and hes looking great!
Love the aesthetics of his enclosure too.
Aww, thankyou.

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Lunaire wrote:I'm glad Kupo's photos help out in some way then.If you ever have questions about things you see in my vivarium or whatever, feel free to ask! And yes, you won't regret the exo-terra hide purchase! Easy to clean too...
Thank you!! I will definitely be purchasing the exo terra hide, but concerning XL, I think I might go with the large because irian jaya's I read aren't as large as northerns, and also because I heard that they like their hides to be a little tight. And I think the XL might be just a tiny tad more than he wants/needs. But the actual hide itself I will definitely buy
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
AnnaMonroe wrote:Lunaire wrote:I'm glad Kupo's photos help out in some way then.If you ever have questions about things you see in my vivarium or whatever, feel free to ask! And yes, you won't regret the exo-terra hide purchase! Easy to clean too...
Thank you!! I will definitely be purchasing the exo terra hide, but concerning XL, I think I might go with the large because irian jaya's I read aren't as large as northerns, and also because I heard that they like their hides to be a little tight. And I think the XL might be just a tiny tad more than he wants/needs. But the actual hide itself I will definitely buy
Np!

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
- AnnaMonroe
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
- Country:
- Location: BROOKLYN, NY
- Contact:
Re: Photo update on Kupo! :D
Aw, will do <3 !! I'm honestly strongly hoping for a boy, but I heard there isn't really any crazy personality difference so it doesn't matter that much, as long as the bluey is healthy :-)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests
