Usersafe products

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
kristymac
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:29 am
Country:
Location: State College, PA

Usersafe products

Postby kristymac » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am

I am in need of some supplies that I used to purchase from usersafe (Steve). His site as well as his supplier's site are not up. Can someone give me a source? Thanks! Kristen
1 male Irian Jaya
• Harley
1 male Northern
• Butters
User avatar
skeetersmom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
Country:
Location: Milwaukee WI USA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby skeetersmom » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I am not familiar with that group - if you let me know what you are looking for I may be able to help....
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
User avatar
kristymac
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:29 am
Country:
Location: State College, PA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby kristymac » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I used to buy a lizard-safe enzyme cleaner from him and I also wanted this bacterial spray that he sold that keeps a natural colony in a tank in which the bacteria keep it clean by eating waste......or something like that. ??
1 male Irian Jaya
• Harley
1 male Northern
• Butters
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Spindown » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

not sure what an enzyme cleaner is, but a safe product for reptiles that kills pretty much everything is F-10, a quaternary ammonium solution. All reputable reptile and exotics vets use F-10. Its even used as a nebulizer for respiratory infections in birds and lizards its that safe! :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Steve still browzes the forum, so he will probably reply if you can wait. He doesn't post regularly, but I'm sure he will when he sees this thread. As far as I know, the products are still available. Steve can tell you where to get them. I'm sorry I don't have the actual information for you!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

I dont recall the names of the products, but have you been able to google the name off the bottle to see if anyone else sells it?
Brad
User avatar
Lunaire
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
Country:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Lunaire » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:21 pm

SapphireTigress wrote:not sure what an enzyme cleaner is, but a safe product for reptiles that kills pretty much everything is F-10, a quaternary ammonium solution. All reputable reptile and exotics vets use F-10. Its even used as a nebulizer for respiratory infections in birds and lizards its that safe! :)


:O Where can I get this?
Image
Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Spindown » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm

F-10 is available at many places, i get mine "locally" online at a place called beanfarm.com. F-10 kills crypto which is why i love it, and a little goes a LONG way. Dont be put off by the price ($25) for a seemingly small bottle...the tiny bit on top? Thats a measuring thing, that tiny amount gets mixed into the minimum dilution of 250:1 and makes a whole gallon!!
If you live near carnation you can usually call them to schedule local pickups, otherwise shipping is pretty fast since its in the same state!

The exact link to it I'll send via PM :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
skeetersmom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
Country:
Location: Milwaukee WI USA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby skeetersmom » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 am

Beanfarm is a great company - you can actually call them with questions. I will definately check out the product - sounds like a must for all reptile caregivers.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
User avatar
iLoveMyLizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:15 pm
Country:
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Usersafe products

Postby iLoveMyLizard » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

I also use F10 and would reccommend trying it if you cannot source what your looking for. I have both their pre diluted disinfectant and hand gel. Both great.
1.0.0 Irian Jaya - Sid
User avatar
kristymac
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:29 am
Country:
Location: State College, PA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby kristymac » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 am

Yes, that would work for the things I normally use the enzyme cleaner for. Although the enzyme based cleaner smells really good. But, I was also looking for this stuff that sprayed some combo of bacteria. It made its own little ecosystem of some sort. One would not ever use a disinfectant after it is set up.

I did notice that it has been within the last couple weeks that usersafe (Steve) visited this forum. I will PM him.

Kristen
1 male Irian Jaya
• Harley
1 male Northern
• Butters
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Usersafe products

Postby Spindown » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:11 am

that enzyme cleaner sounds like it would be good for maintanence cleaning in a collection you know is healthy, but i'd never use a product like that for new/sick animals. It is interesting sounding though.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
kristymac
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:29 am
Country:
Location: State College, PA

Re: Usersafe products

Postby kristymac » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 am

You may have misunderstood. The enzyme cleaner kills germs, just safely. It's the other stuff that creates a little ecosystem. I guess it's like how you have good bacteria in a fish tank and if you make it too clean, it disrupts everything.
Anyway, I have had my two guys for years and they are healthy.
1 male Irian Jaya
• Harley
1 male Northern
• Butters

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 369 guests