hey what are yalls opinions on making a food mixture( dog food, greens and fruit) then freezing it
Thanks
opinions please
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
supersnakeman101
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm
- Country:
- Location: columbea sc
opinions please
united we stand divided we fall
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: opinions please
take out the fruit, then youre good xD
just add calcium powder when feeding.
just add calcium powder when feeding.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
-
supersnakeman101
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 pm
- Country:
- Location: columbea sc
Re: opinions please
thanks i will just add any fruit i feed fresh not frozen
united we stand divided we fall
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
P.S i am all over the place sometimes with my post... and sometimes my spelling is bad so just bare with me on that
this is your WARNING !
1.0 merauke
-
LotusFallacy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 am
- Country:
- Location: Florida
Re: opinions please
Go for it. I see allot of keepers on here are big fans of freezing and thawing, Just be sure to thaw your blue's meal out well! Using ice trays are all the rage very handy. Try not to go over board on the fruit. you ever see what a big bluey can do to a bowl of berries?!!
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: opinions please
I get 1 can of dog food, mix it with a bunch of different kinds of veggies in a food processor and freeze in small containers. I just buy a squash of one kind or another and a bag of mixed veggies. I generally try to add broccoli because Coomassie loves it. I generally feed fruit by it's self as a treat (ie if I buy strawberries from the store and Coomassie is watching tv with me while I'm eating them, I will cut one up for him) and add things like calcium and vitamin powder on top of the food when I go to feed it rather than mixing it in. I make up about 2 to 3 months worth of food at once. I generally don't like to do more than that because I don't want his food sitting in the freezer for ever and I have limited freezer space.
Cay T.
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: opinions please
I have just started doing this - and Skeeter loves it. So do I. I put my veggie cubes in the ziplock bags that you can remove the air - no freezer burn. 

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- Lunaire
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am
- Country:
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Re: opinions please
skeetersmom wrote:I have just started doing this - and Skeeter loves it. So do I. I put my veggie cubes in the ziplock bags that you can remove the air - no freezer burn.
O___O That's how to avoid freezer burn? I need to do this.

Kupo ~ Northern Blue Tongue Skink
<name pending> ~ Piebald Ball Python
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 168 guests
