I just saw the post with someone who had purple bedding (cool) but it was dusty.
Any ideas on bedding that is dust and dander free?
I need to give Scooter something she/he can burrow in.
Scooter has been living on towels for the past 6 months and has made every attempt to burrow under and around the towels. I can tell he/she just needs something to live on that can give her/him some burrowing fun.
Problem is - I cant use Alpine or wood chips because of the eye surgery he/she had. And I cant put her/him on anything that is dusty because it clots up on the eye that had surgery.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19270
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19350
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19415
Any ideas?
I was thinking of cutting up some fabric/towels and then washing those little bits to get any stray strands out. Then making that the bedding.
What do you guys think?
Alternative Bedding
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Scooter_in_Kindergarten
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
- Country:
- Location: Central Florida
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: Alternative Bedding
For physiological reasons, I use shredded paper (bought in reems - no print) for Skeeter. There is some dust when it is shredded, but I put it in a large plastic bag and do a light "shake n bake" shake and most of it settles to the bottom.
Hope that helps - and it is less expensive than wood bedding - 1/2 a reem of paper (3$ at WalMart) makes enough to nicely cover his 6' x 18" enclosure.
Hope that helps - and it is less expensive than wood bedding - 1/2 a reem of paper (3$ at WalMart) makes enough to nicely cover his 6' x 18" enclosure.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Alternative Bedding
I have a possibly pregnant female who I just moved onto paper. I have a big roll of brown butcher/kraft paper that I found at the dollar store. I put a couple sheets on the bottom of the enclosure, then cut a bunch into strips so she has something to hide/burrow in. I'm actually going to switch her over to carpet, instead of paper on the bottom, but I'll still provide the strips of paper just so she can feel like she's hiding. She seems pretty happy with it.
What about providing some pvc pipe pieces that he can crawl through?
What about providing some pvc pipe pieces that he can crawl through?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 163 guests
