Falling apart.... Need help
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
nightroses
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am
- Country:
- Location: denver, co
Falling apart.... Need help
So me and my fiance broke up and I am in a situation where I have to live with my parents for a while... They said they would give me time to "get rid of it" I need to give away my little baby and quick before my dad "does it for me" my life really is falling apart and having to give away my new little baby just as she was starting to warm up to me is killing me. So if any of you rescue BTS please consider taking mine in.. I want to make sure she at least goes to a good home.
This is my first BTS and first reptile so please be patient with me and give me all the knowledge that you want I am here to learn.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
sorry to hear bout that,no way you can sway the folks?im sure someone will step up to the plate if need be
- anchietae
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Western Washington, USA
- Contact:
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know there are some members in your area. Maybe they can help you out with your skink?
-
DevDomSki
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
More hurt by having to give away the skink then by breaking up with the fiance! Nice! But your parents suck!
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
I think parents that are willing to help you out with a place to stay can't be too bad DevDom. Not everyone is a reptile person, and many people don't get those of us that are. That doesn't make them bad people.
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I hope things start looking up soon. Is your plan to permanently relocate your skink, or would you like him back in the future when you get back on your feet?
I'm sorry you are going through this, and I hope things start looking up soon. Is your plan to permanently relocate your skink, or would you like him back in the future when you get back on your feet?
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
-
DevDomSki
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
Your absolutely right Jeff. I am so sorry!
Are you always a prick? I didn't say they were bad people, I said they suck. She broke up with her fiancé, needs a temp place to stay, and all they care about is her getting rid of maybe the one thing she can enjoy in an otherwise un-joyful time? That is pretty sucky and selfish on her parents part.
Are you always a prick? I didn't say they were bad people, I said they suck. She broke up with her fiancé, needs a temp place to stay, and all they care about is her getting rid of maybe the one thing she can enjoy in an otherwise un-joyful time? That is pretty sucky and selfish on her parents part.
-
nightroses
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am
- Country:
- Location: denver, co
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
My parents are in Oklahoma so that is where i am at now and I am looking to permanently relocate my BTS because I really dont know how long it is gonna be so I just wanna find it a good home that I can always know that it is happy and well taken care of.
This is my first BTS and first reptile so please be patient with me and give me all the knowledge that you want I am here to learn.
- Leigh
- Leigh of the Law

- Posts: 6695
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
- Country:
- Location: Bristol, England
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
I can tell this is a bad time for you but there maybe someone able to foster him until you get through this, good luck with the future.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
I am so sorry to hear this, and I hope that someone is able to take in your little buddy.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
DevDomSki wrote:all they care about is her getting rid of maybe the one thing she can enjoy in an otherwise un-joyful time?
No. They care about giving her a house to live in. Having a house is a luxury they didn't have to let her live with them.
That is pretty sucky and selfish on her parents part.
How?!?! They are letting her live with them! There are many people who wish they could live in a house!

@OP- Could you find someone to foster him like Leigh suggested? Good luck
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
Again, DevDomski, more respect for moderators is required. Your opinions on the original posters parents are not relevant or helpful.
- Nae
- Forum Graphic Designer

- Posts: 1889
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
- Country:
- Location: Western Australia
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
Have you discussed with your parents *why* they do not want you to keep your bluey? Are they concerned about the electricity bill? Salmonella? Does someone have a phobia? Do they perhaps just not know exactly what your bluey is?
If you know, then perhaps a compromise could be made? Put money towards the electricity, educate on salmonella etc I truly do hope you can find an answer other then having to rehome your baby.
Good luck with everything~
If you know, then perhaps a compromise could be made? Put money towards the electricity, educate on salmonella etc I truly do hope you can find an answer other then having to rehome your baby.
Good luck with everything~
-
nightroses
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am
- Country:
- Location: denver, co
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
No my parents are just hicks and say that a lizard is not a pet its a pest and they want it out.
This is my first BTS and first reptile so please be patient with me and give me all the knowledge that you want I am here to learn.
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
Just a thought - rather than looking for a forever home for our bluey - look for a foster home?
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- ExtremeJustin
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Tampa,Florida
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
I've very sorry to hear this. When I lost my apartment I was lucky enough to have a family member take me in. I couldn't bring my skink with me because that family member had a fear of snakes and associated my skink with snakes (my Leopard Gecko was allowed to come with me though). I was very lucky that my mother took in the skink for over a year until I got my new place. If your goal is to move out of your parents house maybe a fostering situation would work for you? Or have you already found a home for him/her?
Justin
Justin
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
Leigh wrote:I can tell this is a bad time for you but there maybe someone able to foster him until you get through this, good luck with the future.
I was just going to suggest this:)
Try finding a close girl friend/guy friend thats willing to foster him till you find a place of your own.
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Falling apart.... Need help
that is a hard situation to be in. I hope you find someone to take him/her. I would but I dont have room right now for fosters. Also you'd have to ship. 
good luck!
good luck!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 270 guests
