I just got my BTS two days ago. He finally ate half a hard boiled egg last night. No greens though
BTS drinking water?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Joey1983
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 am
- Country:
- Location: New York City
BTS drinking water?
Hello All,
I just got my BTS two days ago. He finally ate half a hard boiled egg last night. No greens though
(doesnt seem to like Kale) or raspberries so far. I am providing a large bowl of water in his tank and he does walk through it. I have not seen him drink yet though. I am a little worried how do you know the BTS is getting water? Any tips? I tried to spoon feed him some water but that didnt work out well either.
I just got my BTS two days ago. He finally ate half a hard boiled egg last night. No greens though
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Re: BTS drinking water?
Two days?
If he's only been there TWO days, then it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Try leaving him alone 72 hours or so, then feeding again. I hardly ever see my skink drink, but you just know they're getting water. He knows where it is, he'll get water when he's thirsty. Don't try to force feed it, it will do much more harm than good.
If he's only been there TWO days, then it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Try leaving him alone 72 hours or so, then feeding again. I hardly ever see my skink drink, but you just know they're getting water. He knows where it is, he'll get water when he's thirsty. Don't try to force feed it, it will do much more harm than good.
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: BTS drinking water?
Joey1983 wrote:Hello All,
I just got my BTS two days ago. He finally ate half a hard boiled egg last night. No greens though(doesnt seem to like Kale) or raspberries so far. I am providing a large bowl of water in his tank and he does walk through it. I have not seen him drink yet though. I am a little worried how do you know the BTS is getting water? Any tips? I tried to spoon feed him some water but that didnt work out well either.
Have you had a read through this section? viewforum.php?f=24 It should answer most of your questions. Like WanderingChai said, you have nothing to worry about - the best thing you can do is leave your bluey alone and let him settle in. He will drink when he is thirsty, all you have to do is provide clean water.
- skeetersmom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Milwaukee WI USA
Re: BTS drinking water?
If you bluey is anything like mine was - unless you chop up the greens he wont eat them. And I mean finely chopped - and hidden in dog food (moist). But now, I don't have to put as much dog food in the mix to fool him - and he is gulping down snails, greens, and squash like they are candy!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
- LarissaLurid
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 762
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: United States
- Contact:
Re: BTS drinking water?
skeetersmom wrote:If you bluey is anything like mine was - unless you chop up the greens he wont eat them. And I mean finely chopped - and hidden in dog food (moist). But now, I don't have to put as much dog food in the mix to fool him - and he is gulping down snails, greens, and squash like they are candy!
I agree with skeetersmom, I feed anything I'm not hand feeding to mine chopped up almost as small as I can get it since they don't really chew. Plus half the time mine won't just eat some piece of romaine alone or anything like that. Besides each time I feed I mix a lot of things together so he can get a variety. I use canned organic cat food and mix a bunch of little things in, or meat mixed with veggies/fruits. Mine also likes some insects too. Don't worry you won't see yours drinking all the time, and some reptiles won't eat for a few days when they are settling into their new home. My skink was eating from day one, so if you want just offer food once a day around the same time each day and if he's not hungry just try the next or wait a day or two. I wouldn't be worried though, even if he goes a week without eating he might just be very scared still.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
- Edward
- Carpe diem

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
- Country: U.S.A.
- Location: Texas
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests


