water bowls

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
NennaMeerkat
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
Country:
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: water bowls

Postby NennaMeerkat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:18 pm

That bowl (the tan one with the blue inside) I literally use the same bowl for my cat to eat out of. Found out it holds a 1/2 cup of kitty kibble quite nicely. And it doesn't give my cat's chin acne like her old plastic tupperware bowl was. I am thinking of buying a second bowl to use for my Mr. Blue to eat out of. On the plate I have for him now he will try to sit in the food while eating it :roll:
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: water bowls

Postby Jeff » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Richard.C wrote:jeff as long as the bowls arent chosen to match your shoes or hand bag its not a sickness,lol


I hope your right Richard. I did feel a little strange about going to 10 different Petco locations to get the perfect bowls for my baby racks. They only stock 3-4 of each color, and there was no way I was going to have two or three different colored bowls for my babies. I have 40 of those little bowls, so 10 stores is not an exaggeration. I did manage to get a second lot from a couple of the stores closest to me after they restocked though.

A funny thing that happened when I decided to switch to the stoneware bowls for my adults was because they started stocking them at Petco and for a good introductory price. Instead of going to every store in the state like I did with the baby bowls, I just bought all they had at the store closest to me. They restocked about every week, so I just went back and bought all of them every week until I had 30 of them. After I had what I needed, I notice on a subsequent visit that the store had expanded the shelf space for this bowl. Instead of room for four bowls on the shelf like they use to have, they have now dedicated about half an isle to these bowls. For some reason they must feel they will be a good seller. :hehe:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: water bowls

Postby Richard.C » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm

lol jeff
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: water bowls

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Ok I found a ceramic dog bowl at petsmart, about 6" in diameter. I am going to give this a try. Came home to find the glass pie plate filled with aspen shavings, urates, pee, she had quite the romp while I was out shopping! Since this bowl is smaller, I am hoping she won't be able to make such a mess. :roll:
User avatar
SFBlueTongue81
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 am
Country:
Location: San Francisco

Re: water bowls

Postby SFBlueTongue81 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:04 am

StaceyLeigh wrote:I am looking for ideas on water bowls for the new skink. Right now I have a glass pie plate in there, which works, but seems to take up too much space in the tank. Trying to get a bowl big enough for her to soak in is a little dilly as she is Huge. I would need a dish half the size of the tank :roll: I was looking at this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Terra-Water-Dish- ... 831&sr=8-2 have others used these? What other suggestions do you have?


That's the same one I have. It's Ok, same complaint as other people- it's hard to fill the bowl and not spill it, but it looks good and goes in the dishwasher well
1 Northern BTS

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 292 guests