Traveling...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Traveling...

Postby bella3 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Okay, I have another question for you all :)
Would it be stressfull to the skink to change locations a couple times a month?
For example, if for every other weekend I bring my skink to a different home (my dads) and then after the 2 days bring it back?
This may seem like an obvious question, but I just want all of your opinions. To me it seems like the skink would get far to stressed by this, but I may be completely wrong.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by bella3 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Traveling...

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

For two days I would not subject a skink to that. Better to just put the lights on a timer and leave the skink at home.
User avatar
Scooter_in_Kindergarten
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
Country:
Location: Central Florida

Re: Traveling...

Postby Scooter_in_Kindergarten » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I agree
I leave my skink over the weekend every week (Scooter is a class pet and lives at school) It would be too much of a hassle for me to bring her home EVERY Friday, and too stressful on scooter to move around on a weekly basis.
She does absolutely fine over the weekend on her own. Light is on a timer and the temps are fine. :)
I get that you want to be around your skink, and maybe want to show he/she off :mrgreen: but eventually will become a hassle and it will always be too stressful for the lil guy.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Traveling...

Postby bella3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:44 am

That's what I thought, thanks :)
Would it be okay to just leave water on friday, and then chnage it monday? Or would it need to be changed before that?
Thanks for you help
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Traveling...

Postby Alioop » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:14 am

It would be helpful to have someone willing to look in on her and check her water. It really only needs to be changed if she poops/drags substrate into it. If you don't have someone at home who is willing to change the water if it gets dirty, then just leave the water in there and change it when you get home on Monday.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Traveling...

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 am

I would just clean the water Friday and then ignore until Monday. In my experience a skink will not drink dirty water, and they can go days/weeks without (not that it's good to go a long time, but it won't kill them). Just remember to clean/fill it again when you get back.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Traveling...

Postby bella3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Okay, thank you very much for all of your help :)
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Traveling...

Postby Bird_Brain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I think everyone has said exactly what I was going to, so Ill just ask for pictures!
Brad
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Traveling...

Postby bella3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Haha, unfortunately I don't have one yet, just preparing for when I do. Sorry :D
But when I get one this summer, I promise pictures ;)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 343 guests