Well it looks like my breeding is finally done for the year. My females want nothing more to do with my poor males. The females are really fighting back now, so I'm calling it quits and hoping for the best. The tally:
Classic northern Fluke bred with classic northern Wasp 6x and with caramel northern Jenga 1x.
Classic northern Evita bred with classic northern Wasp 3x and with caramel northern Jenga 1x.
Pale northern Hank bred with classic northern Wasp 3x.
Caramel northern Trouble bred with classic northern Wasp 3x.
Silver tanimbar Wocket bred with WC tanimbar Cash 1x.
Irian jaya Izuru bred with irian jaya Mizu 5x.
I didn't get all the pairings I was hoping for, but I'm extremely happy with my results. My goal for next year will be to have more useful male northerns. Of my 4 breedable males, only Wasp was into it, and Jenga was only able to cope with the sweet, classic females. My caramel/pale northerns are really nasty and chase the boys around so only Wasp can deal with them. Males Skids and Pryce weren't interested in the girls, just food.
I got to witness lots of interesting behaviour. I'll have to write a post about it all sometime. Now it's time to help the females recover from all the abuse and get the males to put on some weight.
I'm working on a new website right now to display any babies I'm lucky enough to get. The domain will either be melsexotics.ca or melsexotics.com (I bought both domains, one will lead to the other). Now I just have to remember how to make websites...
2012 Breeding Season
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
2012 Breeding Season
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
Why didn't you take pictures?!?!?!
Hoping for the best
Hoping for the best
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
I took pictures and videos. But I'm at work right now and don't have them with me. They'll be on the website when I get it up.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
Yay 
I would have called the Northerns something like Mel's line dark Northerns or something...
I love the darkness!!!
I would have called the Northerns something like Mel's line dark Northerns or something...
I love the darkness!!!
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
nice mel,sounds like a promising season there,another season may see the mellow northern males fire up a bit,takes a bit of nouse to tackle some of the female northerns,they can be fiesty buggers
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
Nice!! Congrats Mel, that sounds great. Especially hoping for the Tannies, but with your luck there will be 8 bubs. 
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
congratulations
i really look forward to seeing the results, and the post about interesting breeding behaviours as well 
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- phaemas
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 550
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
- Country:
- Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
Grats mel! I hope Jenga has a litter he's soo cute!
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: 2012 Breeding Season
I don't know what else to say but good luck 
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 181 guests

