I was told he is 3 months old, very tiny little guy.
I've offered him food daily, with no results, until this morning - Instead of placing it 5 inches away on the other side of the plant he's been hiding under, I put the bowl on an angle right in front of his nose on, he hissed, looked at me, hissed again then the tongued started flicking..
He took a few bites of his shredded carrots, tiny bit of collards and wet dog food mixed with calcium d3, spent most of the time what looked to be just licking it? lol
Anyways, I decided to put him up and introduce him to his water dish which is a few feet away from where he's been hiding, very hissy naturally, but I then noticed he's shedding, all the skin is fluffing off his back!
I know from experience my snakes rarely eat during shed, can the same be said for bts? perhaps that's another reason he's been reluctant to eat.
Anyways, as a result I took a small rock hide perfect for his size, filled it with sphagnum moss soaked and rung out with warm water and picked him up and showed him to it, he's been inside for 30 min or so now, I figured this wil aid in his shed as my apartment is very dry, and he has not left the hot dry side of the tank.
So far, so good?
Feed back?
Pic of him this morning



