cloaca shape

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
serkho
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Country:
Location: Russia

cloaca shape

Postby serkho » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Perhaps a stupid question. I just noticed in my skink that the cloaca slit is visible from sides.
I am not sure whether I haven't noticed it for months or something has changed recently. So now this looks like that (sorry, no photo as I have not enough hands for this):
Image
I have a vet appointment in a few days but it would be useful to hear opinions anyway.
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: cloaca shape

Postby Kbell31 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 pm

is there that much of an opening as in the drawing? I have noticed my skinks is visible from the side, at first I thought she had cut herself until I realized "oh thats where the business all happens!" It just looks like a redder line in mine, it isnt open or anything.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
serkho
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Country:
Location: Russia

Re: cloaca shape

Postby serkho » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 am

Sometimes it is open (especially if the tail is risen, laying on a stone or a snag), the vet didn't find any problems with this though. False alarm :)
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: cloaca shape

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 am

Serkho you are my new hero. You took a skink to a vet for a simple question/issue <3 You rock. So many owners won't even take major issues to the vet without a fight ("He's not breathing. Don't want to go to vet. What can I feed him to fix this?"). You are an inspiration my friend.
serkho
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Country:
Location: Russia

Re: cloaca shape

Postby serkho » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 am

Fatal_S I am unworthy as I had other reasons for the visit :)
I wanted a vet to see general condition of the animal, check for parasites and maybe try sexing. Finally I have had the skink for almost 6 months and he never seen a herpetologist ;)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 217 guests