Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 pm

I wanted to make Zeke up a boiled egg! Having not yet had breakfast myself, I thought "Eh, I might as well have some too!

And so walla! Boiled eggs on bread for me, boiled eggs lightly dusted with some calcium for Zeke!

(Why bread and not toast? Im not allowed to use the toaster when Im home alone....Some 18 year old I am :lol:)

Image

Image

He grabbed a chunk and ran away with it!

Image

Then came back! I think I gave him too much.... :roll:

Image

Image

Image

He didnt eat all of it (Not surprisingly!) but when I took him and my sandwich into my room, he sat there stealing my egg....
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 pm

He's so cute.... :roll: You need to teach him some manners before it's too late! :lol:

Very cute pics!
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Katrina » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Very cute!!

I laughed out loud when I read you aren't allowed to use the toaster. :lol:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:59 pm

lol,banned from toaster,nae ,you will have to try the lil tyke on an insect,quite amusing when they stalk it,my smaller one wiggles its hand at the bug like hes trying to attract it,like snakes sometimes do with there tails to attract prey into striking range,normally after a few unnsuccessful run down attempts
User avatar
acanthurus
Rugosa Envy
Rugosa Envy
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 am
Country:
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby acanthurus » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm

What a cool little skink! They have such character at this age. Always trying to act tough until food gets in the way, and then they seem to sit there thinking how can I eat this and continue to look tough...
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Very cute :cloud9: What a mischievous little face!
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Nae » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Hes too cute for manners :lol:

I havent been allowed to use the toaster in years...Only if someone is home, even if that someone is my little sister....

Im keeping a look out for a Zeke friendly bug! I might have to breed some sort of roach for him... He actually did the whole foot waving thing when I very first gave him some meat, and I had a feeling he was doing the whole 'attract the food' thing, but I wasnt too sure! It was very cute~ He also stalks and pounces on his normal food, haha~

He is very tough! Especially when food is involved, as he doesnt seem to like being interrupted whilst eating, so he tries to scare you off beforehand :lol:
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Coomassie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:35 am

Nae wrote:I havent been allowed to use the toaster in years...Only if someone is home, even if that someone is my little sister....


Don't feel too bad, my husband doesn't like me in the kitchen...ever.
Cay T.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Alioop » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:44 am

He looks like he's loving that egg! That face is just too frickin adorable!

Don't feel bad about the toaster, I'm pretty sure my bf would have me locked in a crate like the puppy when I'm home alone... I tend to get into a lot of trouble lol.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Linnea » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 pm

thats so cute xD he really is eating a lot at one :D

why toast the sandwich when theres egg on it? xD just put some caviar on and its perfectly tasty enough. or make the egg all loose and spread it out all over :D (im sure zeke would love that last one)
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Richard.C » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

oh and dont be scared to let him eat his fill,lil tykes especially will convert food amount into healthy growth,they can be piggys the centralians,glad im not the only one whos seen the arm waving thing at food,it is a crack up to watch,might have to film it next time,was yours also wrigling its fingers to
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Nae » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Sure Linnea, caviar, cause I have heaps of that lying around and all! :lol: (thats actually quite an expensive dish here,ive never actually tried it before!) I perfectly like eggs on bread, but toast is just normall i suppose~! ( sent via android sorry for mistakes)
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby Nae » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Thats good to know richard! yup, wiggly fingers and all
User avatar
missmacabre
Rat Girl
Rat Girl
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
Country:
Location: New Zealand

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby missmacabre » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm

I love the 4th pic down, soooo cute!

Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
nightroses
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 am
Country:
Location: denver, co

Re: Breakfast Time! (Pic heavy!)

Postby nightroses » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 am

I need to try eggs with my little one. Very cute I enjoyed the pictures very much and my parents were the same with me and the toaster,oven,stove..etc sucks huh? lol
This is my first BTS and first reptile so please be patient with me and give me all the knowledge that you want I am here to learn.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 199 guests