Angry Eastern

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Angry Eastern

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I can't remember if I posted this old photo before, but I came across it while going through old photos, and I thought some of you might like it. This male Eastern Common BTS (Tiliqua scincoides scincoides) was being introduced to a female that turned out to be unrecptive. Unfortunately, the male did not care, and when I stepped inbetween to stop his advances, he figured my shoe wound suit his needs just as well. He tried to breed my shoe with great determination, and when I pick my foot up, he did not care. He was not letting go for anything. Looks like Jeff is right. I am mean...

Eastern-angry.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Richard.C » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

haha,nice shot james
feisty eastern,nice looking specimen to
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm

If you have any merauke pictures don't be afraid to PM them to me ;)
Nice eyebands :)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:01 pm

And very stylish too. Nice sandals James!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 pm

I would love to have access to that skink now though. :cry:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:03 pm

:hehe:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Katrina » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:04 pm

That's a great pic! :lol:

Very nice looking specimen.
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Jeff wrote:And very stylish too. Nice sandals James!


Thank you Jeff, I knew you would like them. What can I say? I guess I am a footware fashion Icon...
James Wilson
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby James Wilson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:If you have any merauke pictures don't be afraid to PM them to me ;)
Nice eyebands :)


Tell you what, I will post some in a new thread titled: "Various Merauke BTS Photos".
James Wilson
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Katrina » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 pm

James Wilson wrote:Tell you what, I will post some in a new thread titled: "Various Merauke BTS Photos".


I LOVE that idea!! Thanks James!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You would do that for me?
:jawdrop:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Richard.C » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 am

toey er than a roman sandal that eastern,lol
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:53 am

CUTEST PIC!! It is just TOO adorable. :ohyes:
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Alioop » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:07 am

Jeff wrote:I would love to have access to that skink now though. :cry:

I'm thinking the same thing! What came of this guy? Did he just get old and pass on?

My big eastern male was about this determined this year as well, they are feisty little beasts!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby James Wilson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Alioop wrote:What came of this guy? Did he just get old and pass on?


Not sure, The skink was actually a friends, or at least someone I thought was a friend. He collected a lot of BTS and other reptiles, but he turned out to be a pretty bad guy, and it got to the point where I had to stop associating with him as a result. It was a shame, beccause so many really cool reptiles, including some very rare BTS, either died from neglect. Many others lived their entire lives in a tank and were never bred simply because he was often not willing to sell them or do breeding loans. This young male Eastern was a perfect example of one of these wasted opportunities. Maybe some time I will talk more about the situation. Unfortunately, his name is the same as one of the best guys on this forum or the entire BTS world for that matter. I just do not want to ever have people get these two completely different individuals confussed. I will provide some photos of of a couple of the skinks I was able to help toward the end. The cases pictured here were nothing compared to many of the other things I ended up seeing, and in the end, he left me no other choice but to involve the Humane Society.

Bad skink tail.JPG


Broken tail regenerated.JPG


This Skinks tail loss was not due to a cage mate or handling accident. It was cooked off from an extreem overheating situation where the skink put his entire body up the corner of the tank while his tail remained on the tank bottom and literally cooked resulting in its loss.
Broken tail 2.JPG


Broken tail 3.JPG


Broken tail 4.JPG


Broken tail 5.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Wilson
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Alioop » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh my god, James!! Sounds absolutely horrific! No doubt you did the right thing involving the authorities, I only hope they were able to actually have some effect there.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby James Wilson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:06 pm

This person stopped keeping reptiles after the Humane society steped in, so yes, a huge impact was made, and many reptiles went to new homes. This is why I am not aware of where many of the BTS he once had are today. After I involved the authorities, he was not feeling very friendly toward me.
James Wilson
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Re: Angry Eastern

Postby Karen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm

I can't even imagine how hot it must have been to cook the tail off that poor skink. Sickening, but at least you were able to help put a stop to it.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 171 guests