Strange halmahera indo
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Strange halmahera indo
Pics at http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p130 ... %20Skinks/
Priced at $5,000 USD
Priced at $5,000 USD
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
- mark_w
- Skinks in the UK

- Posts: 612
- Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
- Country:
- Location: Buxton, UK
Re: Strange halmahera indo
There were some of these or similar brought in to Germany a year or two ago. Beautiful. Not at all easy to find and you could argue that is a reasonable price for a pair, but I would want to breed it true, i.e. with other similar looking animals from the same locale/island/population.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Strange halmahera indo
I wouldn't be surprised if the colors are real - some of the gigas skinks have pretty incredible colors, you get pics with the right lighting after a shed (and you know what you're doing, instead of just putting it on "auto" setting like me!) and they could look really stunning.
I'm not sure it is worth $5000 though. I don't know enough about the availability of similar BTS or how rare these guys are in general (if it is a locale), but I'm not sure any gigas is worth that kind of money when they are still available WC. I wouldn't pay that, but if one person does then I guess it is worth it - at least to some.
It is very pretty, the color variations of gigas BTS is amazing.
I'm not sure it is worth $5000 though. I don't know enough about the availability of similar BTS or how rare these guys are in general (if it is a locale), but I'm not sure any gigas is worth that kind of money when they are still available WC. I wouldn't pay that, but if one person does then I guess it is worth it - at least to some.
It is very pretty, the color variations of gigas BTS is amazing.
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Strange halmahera indo
Woah now reading the description, they say it has a pink tongue!!! Does anyone think it maybe T-albino?
Edit: I mean t+albino
Edit: I mean t+albino
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: Strange halmahera indo
I think you're confused about what an albino looks like...
It's normal for indos to have mostly-pink tongues. IMO this is a nice skink worth $100-$500. However chances are there are lots of them out there and we'll see more and more showing up soon.
It's normal for indos to have mostly-pink tongues. IMO this is a nice skink worth $100-$500. However chances are there are lots of them out there and we'll see more and more showing up soon.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Strange halmahera indo
Looks almost exactly like crystal palace's albino indos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Strange halmahera indo
Katrina wrote:...but I'm not sure any gigas is worth that kind of money when they are still available WC. I wouldn't pay that...
I agree 100%!!! I have been offered albino gigas for less than half that much. I will never fault anyone from asking whatever price they want to for a skink, but I would be absolutely shocked if they get much over $200-$ 300 for that one. It is nothing more than an attractive skink from Indonesia.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Strange halmahera indo
J.J., that is not even close to an albino.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Strange halmahera indo
ReptileKing wrote:Lets not all forget there are different types of albinism...
Yeh, but none of them look anything like those skinks!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: Strange halmahera indo
From what I've seen of Halmaheras, its not unusual for them to have that reddish coloring. So while these guys are pretty, I don't think there is anything all that unusual or rare about them. The price is ridiculous for these guys, both because I don't think they're all that rare, and because they're WC.. but who knows? maybe they produce urates of solid gold. Then its a pretty sweet deal!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: Strange halmahera indo
Do we even know what/if T+ albinism is in a BTS? Sorta like the difference between an Albino Ball Python and a Caramel Albino Ball Python.
Brad
- Karen
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 477
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Strange halmahera indo
I think it perhaps could be something similar to a T+ albino. While I was doing my research in preparation of getting a boa, I saw a lot of T+ albino boas that have that same sort of caramel-y look and washed out brown where black should be.
This guy has a few good pictures that show that.
http://www.burkereptiles.com/Docs/Tplus.htm
This guy has a few good pictures that show that.
http://www.burkereptiles.com/Docs/Tplus.htm
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
-
GlblCptvBrdrs
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southern California
Re: Strange halmahera indo
I'm sorry that there wasn't a general agreement as to the value of my caramel BTS. Maybe my leucistics or melanistics will get you going.
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Strange halmahera indo
GlblCptvBrdrs wrote:I'm sorry that there wasn't a general agreement as to the value of my caramel BTS. Maybe my leucistics or melanistics will get you going.
I wouldn't worry that some wouldn't pay for that - it could be worth it to someone. I'd love to see more pics of your animals or to hear more about the caramel BTS - you add implies you have many of them, did you breed them? What info do you have on these caramels? Welcome to the forum!!
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: Strange halmahera indo
GlblCptvBrdrs wrote:I'm sorry that there wasn't a general agreement as to the value of my caramel BTS. Maybe my leucistics or melanistics will get you going.
I dont think you need to be "sorry" or upset of what people think of your asking price. That being said, I did check out your website and curious as to how you are able to keep Pygmy BTS? Also, the "Irian Jaya Locale" BTS you have for sale appears to actually be T. gigas gigas, the Indonesian BTS.
Brad
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Strange halmahera indo
WOAH!!! I saw pics of the melaninistic ones!!! They are awesome!!!!
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 313 guests

