At what age would a BTS reach/go through puberty?
In April last year I moved to a new place, Onyxia was 2 years and 4 months old.
Ever since I moved he has been hiding a lot more. I thought it was because of the move but he's still a lot more antisocial, grumpy and mostly hiding every day. Could it be he's going through puberty? My temps are fine nothing's changed just the house move.
Personality change?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- missmacabre
- Rat Girl

- Posts: 1023
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Personality change?
Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Personality change?
I don't know about puberty, they are usually mature before 2 years... but it could be the move. I'm not sure. They are sometimes weird - one of mine was always hiding and skittish and now in the past year he is suddenly Mr. Personality and always up and unafraid to he touched or handled. I can't really explain it, hope Onyxia goes back to normal soon!
- missmacabre
- Rat Girl

- Posts: 1023
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Re: Personality change?
He does hate the sound of a door creaking and his cage is next to the front door. He also is scared of my new partner who lives here now
I would've thought he'd be used to the move and my partner by now, I guess not lol.
I would've thought he'd be used to the move and my partner by now, I guess not lol.Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: Personality change?
missmacabre wrote:He does hate the sound of a door creaking and his cage is next to the front door. He also is scared of my new partner who lives here nowI would've thought he'd be used to the move and my partner by now, I guess not lol.
I don't know. We used to joke that Kira must think we eat lizards, the way he would run and hide from us. Now he is always out and about, completely unafraid. I can read in and stroke him and he doesn't flinch, he usually comes towards me. I don't understand it at all, maybe it is still the move or new people that is throwing Onyxia off.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Personality change?
they mature at a certain size,not age,some folk have them adult size in less than a year,others can take 3 to 4 years to reach adult size,depends how fast u grow them
is he hiding all the time,or does he just hide when he hears someone coming,sometimes they can be timid and hide before you even see that they were out,natural instincts for them,but normally they should still come out,even timid ones,have u moved to a cooler area
is he hiding all the time,or does he just hide when he hears someone coming,sometimes they can be timid and hide before you even see that they were out,natural instincts for them,but normally they should still come out,even timid ones,have u moved to a cooler area
- missmacabre
- Rat Girl

- Posts: 1023
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand
Re: Personality change?
I still live in the same city, even increased his basking lamp by a few watts to see if he was colder in this house but still no change. He's been hiding all the time recently but it has been a colder summer than normal.
Jess <:3 )~
1 male Eastern BTS: Onyxia
1 male Bearded Dragon: Falkor
1 Green and Golden Bell Frog
5 male Rats: Anubis, Ice, Riff Raff, Tobias and Templeton
2 female Budgies: Remy and Emile
1 male Mouse: Archie (aka Mouseman)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 151 guests
