,My garden blue tongue (Western probably) is lack lustre, does not demonstrate aggressive stance, can be picked up easily and is passive. Last night I observed him moving for first time as he headed under the house where he spends nights. He can hardly walk, he flicks head side to side, lists to the right and does 360 degree rolls.
Obviously he is not well but what can be the issue? It actually appears that he is used to this mode of movement, limiting his hunting area to just 15 metres (45 feet). He appears to be a young adult and has no observable injuries. I have not used snail baits and poisons for over 8 weeks and I don't know that my neighbours do.
Does he have a chance? Can skinks born with a genetic muscular disorder live to adulthood?
ps. It is high summer here so he should be pretty active
Cheers, Barbara



