After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
A.VinczeBTs
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Country:
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby A.VinczeBTs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 am

So my little Zelda shed, and is looking much brighter. She also got a new dog food, mixed with squash as a dinner. Doesn't eat the whole portion most of the time, only the size of her/his head then goes to basking. This time the WHOLE portion was wolfed down so fast! I think I found a favorite veggie (squash, loved it the last meal too!)and a new fav dog food.

Here is a video:
http://youtu.be/by_pbfdNNtk
Since I sound like a per-pubecent boy when I talk (I'm a 22 year old woman... :oops: ), I took out the volume and replaced with a song I was listening to at the time. (Rocky road to Dublin by The Dubliners)

And some pics:
ImageImage
Food?

ImageImage
Omnomnomnom

Image
So fuuuuuull. He ate so fast he looked pretty bloated, and basked for a while and is now sleeping it off.

Going to keep finding new veggies and meats for him (he liked the egg I gave him last time, but not this much!). Hopefully I'll find his faves pretty fast, next I might try other types of squash (butternut so far).

Hope you guys enjoy! It smelt pretty nasty, squash uncooked smells terrible to me. :dead:
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby Kbell31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 pm

you have a very pretty skink. It looks very happy!
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
A.VinczeBTs
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Country:
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby A.VinczeBTs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah...if he gets food he's the happiest little poop ever! :) Loves squash, loves loves loves, he'll sniff the air if I'm eating my cooked version on the days he doesn't eat!! (every second or 3rd day, I try for every second)

Also, is lamb good for them? I gave him a chicken, veggie, and rice mix (no by-products), and was thinking of getting their lamb mix next week for variety but not sure if it's good for them? Should I stick with turkey and beef?

Thanks!
User avatar
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby Linnea » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:12 pm

lamb meat is probably good(i feed small pieces occasionally), but its kinda fatty compared to regular beef, but just as nutricious and definitely tasty ;D
lots about it is written since many like to give it to their dogs, so you can always google and check :D

definitely mix all you can if you have the opportunity :D they are okay with the same things every feeding, if its a nutritionally good meal that is, but theres also that emntal happiness of switching every now and then.....and i strongly believe in that its good to variate to make sure they get a little of everything.

rice is just a filler, so if you can by-pass it somehow thats good. its not dangerous or anything, just doesnt hold much nutritional value.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
A.VinczeBTs
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Country:
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby A.VinczeBTs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah I know rice is just their to fill in the rest, but in this formula it's very low on the ingredients list, like last, all the meats are first. So I figure it can't be as bad, plus it looked healthier than some of the rice-free ones. I'm sorta an ingredient-reading buff since I have health issues (immune system hates me) so we got into the habit of knowing everything on the back of our meals.

But still looking for more brands that are healthy and rice free (and grain free in general)! :) The Lamb one has no rice, and neither does the beef one, so those will be next probably! Thanks!
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby Spindown » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:18 pm

oh how cute!!!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby realis88 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

nice nothern
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby Katrina » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Very cute! Love the colors. :D
A.VinczeBTs
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Country:
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby A.VinczeBTs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks! :) Didn't even realize he was dull until he shed, then I realized he must have gone into shed (the start) basically the day I got him. He so pretty.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: After a shed, and after a large meal! DUW

Postby StaceyLeigh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 am

Beautiful Skink! Mine love winter squash as well!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests