New BTS owner!! <3

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
reptilove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 pm
Country:
Location: Erath, LA

New BTS owner!! <3

Postby reptilove » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:04 pm

So I have just got a BTS from work, fell in love with him and had to take him home. I was wondering if someone can help me ID him cause I'm not sure what to look for, lol. I have 3 spur thigh tortoise's, a bearded dragon, and now Toothless my BTS. Along with 2 cats and 2 dogs. And in April we are going to be getting a red Iguana. But back to my bluey. Does anyone know where I can buy a small food processor so I can blend all his meat, veggies, and fruit into one so that he doesn't pick out just the meat, lol. Well hopefully someone can help me ID him. Thanks.

Allison

Image
A.VinczeBTs
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Country:
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby A.VinczeBTs » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Merauke I believe. :) Am I seeing wrong or is he missing a toe or two on his back foot (top of the picture)?

He looks nice, as for the food processor, you can find fairly cheap ones at walmart, and more heavy duty ones at kitchen store, like home sense and such. Shop around local stores too, if you have any, they have great prices sometimes!
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby Jeff » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum! From that one picture, your skink does appear to be a merauke. Food processors are available everywhere. Walmart, Target, etc., plus a hundred places online if you google it.

A good knife works fine to chop up greens too. I have a food processor that I never use because it is so easy to chop up greens with my knife.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby Kbell31 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Congrats on your new merauke baby! As said, you can find food processors nearly everywhere ranging in prices from low to high. I only use mine for chopping up the greens bc I find it makes them small enough to not be picked out in the food. Some BTS are picky about eating their greens. I cant seem to get them small enough with just a knife. Everything else I chop up manually.
Last edited by Kbell31 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby Fatal_S » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome and congrats on the new baby :D I'll agree that it looks like a Merauke to me.

I recently learned of an amazing tool that has rendered my mini-processor obsolete. They're called scissors :lol: Seriously, I've had skinks for about 5 years and it never occured to me to use scissors to chop my greens until someone posted here about it. It's really cut down on food-making and clean-up time for me.
User avatar
reptilove
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 pm
Country:
Location: Erath, LA

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby reptilove » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks helps out alot knowing that he is most likely a Merauke. And with his back foot he is only missing a toeanail on one of his toes. It was so hard trying to take a good picture of him roaming around so fast. And as soon as I get my cages built I will add another BTS to my collection of reptiles.
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: New BTS owner!! <3

Postby Spindown » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm

yup i cut the greens with scissors :)
Soooo much easier. and no food processor to clean!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 321 guests