Hi
I have the BT with the case of Mouth Rot and Eye infection from the pet store. I do believe it is getting a little better.
I have attached a few pictures. Can take more if you need to see something else. She/he ( not sure) is 22 inches long, ( 10 1/2" is tail) and 525 grams. Suppose to be about 14-15 months old. A couple of the pictures were taken when she first came here.
Thanks
Jeannie
My turn on Species Please
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- jayeszoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Michigan US
My turn on Species Please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: My turn on Species Please
Merauke
- jayeszoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Michigan US
Re: My turn on Species Please
Thanks I had posted in the beginning that I thought she was a Merauke. Only from what I had been reading here. I just wanted to have someone that knew tell me.
Posts and pictures are great.
jaye
Posts and pictures are great.
jaye
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: My turn on Species Please
To be specific you have a Newer form merauke which can be seen here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16120
- jayeszoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Michigan US
Re: My turn on Species Please
Now you have my interest up. What makes them a "Newer" Merauke? I read and looked at the pictures and I do think she looks alot like the Newer Merauke posed on the stairs. Does that make her a cross between the two? Not that I intend to breed or anything. Just interested. She/he was in need of a vet and good care - so home from the pet store it came.
Thanks for being so patient with me !!
jaye
Thanks for being so patient with me !!
jaye
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: My turn on Species Please
She isn't a cross or anything. They are just skinks that look different than the older ones. 
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Re: My turn on Species Please
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:To be specific you have a Newer form merauke which can be seen here. http://www.bluetongueskinks.org/forum/v ... =4&t=16120
jayeszoo wrote:Now you have my interest up. What makes them a "Newer" Merauke? I read and looked at the pictures and I do think she looks alot like the Newer Merauke posed on the stairs. Does that make her a cross between the two? Not that I intend to breed or anything. Just interested. She/he was in need of a vet and good care - so home from the pet store it came.
Thanks for being so patient with me !!
jaye
To be specific, there is no difference, IMO. Same species. The "newer form" MoniterLizard is referring to is just the appearance of the majority of the meraukes being imported today. They are still the same species as the "Classic form", just different looks. Basically like Carmel Northerns, Sunset Northerns, and "Classic" Northerns. All the same species, just difference appearance.
Brad
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: My turn on Species Please
ReptileKing wrote:To be specific, there is no difference, IMO. Same species. The "newer form" MoniterLizard is referring to is just the appearance of the majority of the meraukes being imported today. They are still the same species as the "Classic form", just different looks. Basically like Carmel Northerns, Sunset Northerns, and "Classic" Northerns. All the same species, just difference appearance.
Exactly what Brad said. There is no difference at all, it is just a description used to distinguish two "looks" of Merauke. Slightly different paint job.
- jayeszoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Michigan US
Re: My turn on Species Please
Got it. Thanks to all. Now I know what I have
But re-reading, does that mean she is most likely to have been imported? I'm going to ask the pet store again about where she came from. She was a baby and they had her for a year. I know they changed managers, but they are still in contact and I would think they would have paperwork - bill of sale, something. The x-manager said it was a breeder.
I had wanted one for several years, but always talked myself out of it. I'm glad I stopped to see her, she is a nice addition to my family. And I'm enjoying learning about them and being part of this forum.
jaye
I had wanted one for several years, but always talked myself out of it. I'm glad I stopped to see her, she is a nice addition to my family. And I'm enjoying learning about them and being part of this forum.
jaye
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: My turn on Species Please
She is almost certainly an import or else was born in the country to a mother who was imported while gravid. Pet stores generally say breeder, but these species are almost never bred in North America.
- jayeszoo
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Michigan US
Re: My turn on Species Please
That is interesting. Poor babies !!!
Jaye
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
Indigo BT Merauke
Munchkin Bearded Dragon
Skittles Sudanese Uro
Cynder Std Poodle
Journey Std Poodle
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
Re: My turn on Species Please
red belly
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 423 guests
